Therapy and medicine

DavidJonas

I would like to hear your views on therapy and medicine. Personally I am very sceptical towards medicating depression and SA even though it's helped me in a way that therapy couldn't. Medication for mental disorders is obviously necessary in the most extreme cases, but I think many times it's just a cost effective and short-term solution. I'm thinking that maybe I would be better prepared to face the depression and increased social anxiety I'm in now had the therapy I went through last time been more thorough. The medication of course taught me nothing, it just tampered with my serotonin.
Anyway, what do you think is the best form of therapy, what negative and positive aspects of medication and therapy have you had, and what do you think is the most effective treatment personally and politically?

Azahara

I only can tell you that medication have been necessary to control my depression and anxiety, but I realized that when after a time without pills or reduced medication, I have came back to the beggining. I´m afraif of having to have medication for all my life. I want to have children,but I think it could be impossible at least I adopt them. At this point, after many psichotherapies and delussions, I think I have found the right one, or perhaps I´m now more determinated to work on it.
If you haven´t need to use medication and trust only in the theraphy, from my opinion, you´re doing very well.
Congratulations! :D