The Odor Issue

Shamed_Constant

Hi, I've been reading some of the posts here and was wondering if there are any other plantar hyperhydrosis sufferers who are stigmatized due to body odor? I feel that this is one of the largest barriers standing between me and success.

The thing that I find so difficult in coping with the problem is the fact that people who are close to me (wife, friends) or those who have to deal with me (coworkers) are never willing to answer me when i ask if i have this issue. This gets into my head and makes me think that my problem is all in my head, which it isn't. I can smell when I take my shoes off.

The issue is such, that I hear people talking on the bus in the morning, which of course creates more anxiety and increases the problem. I don't have "dripping" feet, but they are perpetually covered in a "slick" of sweat regardless hot/cold (although seems less when I'm hot), socks no socks.

If anyone else has conquered the odor issue, HOW?

I have tried drysol, powders, insoles, sprays - nothing works for more than a day or two.

My current regime is two socks, shoe spray, and soaking my feet for 1/2 day in a very strong tea. I started the tea yesterday, and although I can feel minor dampness in one arch, it seems to be working.

I want one of these drionic machines (anyone, just easier to spell drionics), but can't currently afford one. Any DIYers out there that have posted detailed construction manuals please include links

hels

have you tried the mineral type deodourants? (the ones which are solid and you then add water). they can be very good.

tmore

try geranium oil. small bottle you can get online, inexpensive, and spread few drops on feet and hands. interesting sensation and helps to keep better smell in shoes etc.