The Dressing Up Thread

black_mamba

Like a lot of people, I find great comfort in wearing a costume either to hide behind, or to give me a set way of behaving in any circumstance.

My question is; if you could dress up as any person (fictional or non) object or animal what would it be and why? Post pictures to make it fun. :)

For me I'd like to dress as a fully blown soldier of war, guns, grenades, a bergen, amo, the whole lot. I like to appear strong when I'm not. This outfit may come a close 2nd tho ...

DSCN6584-dc2004.JPG

As does this...
DSCN6572-dc2004.JPG

Chilling__Echo

lol what is the second one??

i would be maryln monroe (assuming the hot bod came with it :lol: :wink: ) not much of a cover up though...

black_mamba

I think he or she was aiming for a, erm...plastic ball look. I like it.

Monroe is a good one, would you brave the risk of flashing your underwear in that outfit though?

Mysti

I've always liked dressing up. Until a few years back would dress up every halloween for the trick or treaters. I lack imagination though so usually been witches, or vampires, cats etc. Did dress up as Morticia Addams one year but I think I look more like Boy George in the photos 8O - lost my nerve now though so no longer dress up.

I think the star wars costume pic is so cool...hmmm wonder if it gets hot wearing that though.
Mamba you once said you wanted to dress up as all the Kill Bill characters? Do you do that whilst attending fan conventions?

fiona

I loved dressing up in 70's gear for a 70's bash, wicked! The outfit fit me like a glove and I wore one of those caps which really suited me, normally I can't wear hats they look daft

Chilling__Echo

Monroe is a good one, would you brave the risk of flashing your underwear in that outfit though?

what underwear... jk.

depends on how much money the guys around me have...mwhahaha jk again :wink:

ooo i bet dressing as a hippie was fun grumbilina, i always wanted to try out the scarf in the hair thing (have you noticed that's getting popular now?) but haven't had the courage to try it out yet

black_mamba

Fan conventions? I wish, they don't exist for this film, but yeah I once tried a pretty lameish attempt at being a Crazy88 for a Kill Bill party. Supposedly the band that featured in the film were at the party, but I didn't notice.

I think full-on costumes take a lot of effort to produce, so I'm saving my efforts (and cash!) for that special event. If it ever comes up .... :(

70s stuff is fun, you can be really cheesy and get away with it.

God damn I wanna dress up now!

8O

SilverLiner

Speaking of fan conventions, I enjoyed dressing up as an evil weird monster from Buffy (The Gentlemen for any of you Buffy buffs lol). I wore this suit with a weird mask over the top. Looking back I dont know how I had the balls to do that. I was on the tube with it on, walking through london with it on. The looks I got were absolutely hilarious. Somehow knowing that people couldn't see who I was underneath made it much more comfortable.

Crimefish

I love cosplay! It's so neat. I love the whole lolita thing in Japan right now... dressing as a doll is indulging my peter pan syndrome. It's an expensive hobby though. I would never wear it to a convention though, cosplayers can be so elitist and mean.
Picture/s: http://www.carlin.co.nz/Photos/Tokyo25.jpg

SilverLiner, the Gentlemen were so frickin' creepy! The way they glided along freaks me out. *shudders*

Chilling__Echo

ohhhh i forgot about that in Japan, is that what it's called? when they have free time they dress extravagently or in costumes and stand in the streets? if that's the same thing, i love that stuff!

I can't help but think that the storm trooper would eat those kids after seeing the last movie wear they shot kids. :lol: . Marlyin Monroe is my favorite. She just seems classy to me. In california thay do this stuff all the time. Every time a neww video game or movie cames out that is science fiction based. They throw a big dress up party.

black_mamba

Looking back I dont know how I had the balls to do that. I was on the tube with it on, walking through london with it on. The looks I got were absolutely hilarious.

SilverLiner you sound a bit like me - when I look back I can't believe I did these attention seeking things in the past (the usual stuff, shaving hair off, dying it green, wearing outrageous piercings). But wearing a costume on the tube? Kudos! 8)

I can't help but think that the storm trooper would eat those kids after seeing the last movie wear they shot kids.

He seems quite the fatherly type though, he even bothered with a pushchair rather than draggin his kids behind him on a rope. :p