The Curse of the Celts

Ky

I'm mostly of Scottish (some English) Descent. I have dark brown hair and annoyingly PALE PALE white skin! Basically, it turns from a creamy white to a bright red in a matter of seconds. I envy those with darker skin whose blushing is not as noticeable!

Anyway, I've noticed that I've only started blushing (frequently) since a couple months ago when I blushed in class when some friends were talking about my hair. They commented on how nice it was and I was flattered. Then they continued to go on saying how it made my look so mature and my face became pink. Then they went on saying 'awwww you're blushing!' and I went red. Then they started asking me if they had offended me and that they were sorry and they didn't mean it. I was never so embarassed in my life! I didn't really know what to do! I just insisted that I was fine and that I was laughing along with them. Eventually the bell rang and I left class, but I now dread going to that class because I find now that I embarassed myself once, I always feel like another blushing episode is going to happen again. A few days later it did happen (in the same class), but not as bad. I try to avoid talking too much because I worry that I'm going to start blushing and embarass myself. It's horrible, and this all happens because of that day. Before that I used to love that class and enjoy going. :(

NormanBates

You should keep going to class. There was a guy just like that in one of my classes in high school. After that one incident I never saw him again.
Which made me mad cuz he looked like someone I could relate to.
Even tho if I woulda tried talking to him he prolly woulda been like .. shut up bitch

sidney

hey, yeah i know what you mean, try to keep going to class & have a confident experience where you feel happy talking to even one person, try to relive that good feeling instead of the bad blushing one, if your afraid of blushing then it'll happen, i do it all the time, so annoying and so difficult to stop but if you relive the good feeling you'll enter the class feeling confident & good about yourself making you less likely to blush, i hope this helps :)

lithium

I know exactly how you feel Ky. I have had the same problem happen to me. I used to love going to my English class, then one day my friend mentioned something about my nose, and for no particular reason, I started blushing, I tried hiding it, but I couldn't, then he said "why are you so red?" and I didn't know what to respond. I just said he made me "uncomfortable" and he started laughing. Now I dread going to that class, every day. I am nervous before I go in the class and I am nervous just thinking about that class, It feels like I'll never be comfortable in that class again just because of that one time. It's horrible :oops: