The Anxiety Train has no brakes!

Dudley

Last night was a bad night. Scratch that, the last few months have been bad. You name something good that was supposed to happen and something bad happened instead. There's far too many to list, but here are the ones giving me grief at the moment:

- My girlfriend suggested that we "take a break" for a while, so now I guess I'm single for the first time in years. I did not like it a few years ago, I do not like it now. I'm worried that she won't come back because the last time a girl said something like that she swore we'd be friends forever and I haven't talked with her since. I'm worried that she'll find someone else or think I'm a terrible person or something.

- My friends always seem to be doing things without me and I'm worried that they're talking about me behind my back and they actually hate me.

- Last night I had probably the worst intrusive thought I've ever had. I kept thinking that I was going to kill myself in front of my friends (of course, I never would, it makes no sense)

- Oh, and I have absolutely no one to talk to (apart from you fine folks)

All these things and more led to me tossing and turning and compulsively kicking my leg for about an hour and a half last night. Ugh.

Anyone else been having any of these anxieties lately?

Quiet Angel

Those sound like a challenging struggles--sorry to hear about your trouble. Hopefully things turn out positively for you in the future. I 'spose I've been experiencing similar situations. From time to time, my friends come & go. I often worry about my "entertainment level" and feel that I must excessively smile & try to be humerous on numerous occasions, but I know it isn't always required in friendship. Perhaps that pertains to my social phobia. Lately I've been experiencing drama with friendships, so that has been going downhill. As for relationships, they're wonderful, but they can be complicated too. I hope you both still maintain a good connection. If you have confidence it will, it most likely will happen. I've been with my boyfriend for two years now, first relationship I've had, and I absolutely love the idea of exploring but he doesn't. I love him to peices, but I'd like to adventure. I'm going to respect his wishes though & hopefully we'll try to compromise. My best advice to provide to you is simply just to think things through. Maybe have some relaxation time and do something special for yourself to release some stress. Perhaps you could talk to a family member about other possibilities to help you out. Hope things turn out bright for you. Everyone deserves a happy life. :)

Last edited: