Tell me your dumbest moment...

JWH

Yossarian, you might be interested in text-based browser game called Cantr II - http://www.cantr.net/ where you play a number of different characters and the aim is basically to build a society. To do this you need to interact with the other players, trade resources etc. At first I couldn't play a single character. It felt so ridiculous and I was going to give it up because it was just going so slowly. But it's actually become quite fun now.

DannyP

The first time I realized I had panick attacks when speaking in front of large groups of people was in my 7th grade science class. I was asked to read out of the book, and when I began reading I felt a loss for air. I started thinking about myself reading out loud not thinking of the words I was (attempting) to read, and then I started thinking about thinking about thinking about it and so on. After about a minute of reading I was panicking and couldn't read anymore, so I just stopped!

Nital

In 9th grade I had real bad SA and I had a particularly hard time with gym class. Often I argued with my teacher and didnt participate. This one class, we were playing volleyball, and the ball sailed over the net right towards me. I saw it coming, so i put my arms out, ready to do a forearm pass, but instead of moving to hit it, for some reason I just let it hit me in the face. I could see everyone laughing under their breath, thinking "what the fuck??" even the teacher looked amused and perplexed. That was real embarassing.
A week or so later I was called into the guidance office for the incident, to see if I was okay I guess. Of course I didn't really tell the guy anything, just sat there in angst waiting to leave, but he was a total toolbag anyway. He asked me if there might have been some dirt on the ball that got into my face or something.

JWH

Nital said:
I saw it coming, so i put my arms out, ready to do a forearm pass, but instead of moving to hit it, for some reason I just let it hit me in the face.

Haha, that happened to me only it broke my glasses!

Anonymous

I broke up with my boyfriend for a day because I was too afraid to kiss him goodnight when he was dropping me off at my house. I had a panic attack and said "goodnight I'll call you tomorrow" and jumped out of the car. He thought that I was a lunatic I'm sure, poor guy.

Anonymous

me too i wanna quit this bullshit, had enough im normal with an intelect inside. but anyways my one of the most embarrasing moment was. shit i forgot oh never mind. but the last story was definetally very funny. lets keep the sense of humour with the SA. :lol:

Moonie

I would say that I have a couple embarrassing moments that stick out to me. The first one occured in 8th grade English class. My teacher asked me to read from the textbook.. the directions and then the first question. As I read, she stood on the opposite side of the room. She asked my classmates if everyone could hear me. A few kids on the opposite end, shook their head "no." She told me to read again, louder, and I was still too softspoken. she then told me to get up and stand on the top of my chair. I sort of laughed, thinking it was a joke, but then she said "I'm serious." so, I stood up on the top of the chair, having everyone watching me, and finally read it again. She said it was much better, but I could have died. I just wanted that day to end.

The second embarrassing moment lasted for four years in HS. The first two were particularly hard, but I got used to it after that. During lunch time, I had no one to sit with. They had three lunch periods, and during my freshman yr I could not sit with my friends that I ate with during MS, because they had early lunch. SO on my first day, I tried sitting at some random tabl. After a few minutes, the two girls on the end got up and walked away. So I sat alone, barely nibbling on a fry, until finally I trashed it and left. Th next days, I tried sitting at random tables, but I felt like an idiot intruding on groups of friends. I stopped going into the lunch room and di my HW outside of the caf. The next year, however, they made a ridiculous rule tht you could not leave the caf until their were 15 minutes left until the next class. I was so scared, because I knew I had no one to sit with. I ended up hiding in the bathrooms for 15 minutes before I could leave. I would alternate and walk to the bathroom on the other end. It was the most awful thing, I thought. I woul stare at my watch, counting the minutes I had left to go. I just couldn't wait to graduate and just hoped that one day things would be better.

Finally, I always hated class assemblies. We would meet in the auditorium and their would be rows of seats. I would come in and always take an end seat. It was the worst when no one else sat in the rest of the row. Everyone would be lauhing and talkin with their friends, and when you occupy a whole row by yourself, you always stick out like a sore thumb.

jourjaune

yeah arlequin, my list is endless too. I get emabressed just tying my shoe! But one incident I'll never forget no matter how hard I try. During an assembly in 5th grade, my foot fell asleep and they called me up for some reading award and when I stood I fell on all the sorrounding kids! I can laugh now, but it was the worst moment in my life.

ppaul

top this

parked my car on top of a really steep hill and wnet inside to my friends house. 10 minutes later the neigbhour knocks on the door smirking and giggling..... "come look at this! come loock at this....some dick head left their handbrake off". i remember laughing and thinking "what an idiot"

as you might have guessed my car was not parked out the front anymore.

it had rolled down the hill, into a car, bounced off and continued down the hill, picking up speed and screaming through and an intersection. It ended up about 150m down the hill, wrapped around a tree.

when i got there, there was a crowd of people standing around whispering and gasping.

as i got closer i could hear them.."whose is it? whose is it?"

as i pushed my way through the crowd i tried not to look at anyone. the front of the car was wrapped right around the car. but by now i was standing in the middle of the circle that the crowd had created. they realised it was mine.

I panicked. I told myself "just pretend they arent there". so what did i do? got in and tried to drive away. of course the thing wouldnt even start. making me look even stupider.

i got out again, looking like even more of an idiot. the corwd was silten and jaws a-gasp. i kept my head down, and walked away. the crowd parted to let me out and just stared at me in silence.

i went straight back up to my friends house and didnt come out.

the next day at school EVERYONE knew. I NEVER heard the last of it

even to this day it still crops up in conversation occassionally but because ive just had so much hassle from mates about it over the years, it doesnt hurt anymore. infact i can even look back and laugh.

Secret_Smile

I had to do a play based on a sitcom with a group of my friends in Media studies last year and I had just come back from a councelling session, I was all fired up and ready to go. We were the first group up so my teacher made us sit in the middle of the room. The busier the room became the worse my anxiety got so I yelled 'Sir, I need some water' so I ran out of the classroom...and then out of the building...and then out of the college altogether.

He sent the class out to look for me :oops:

thelostworld

I was forced to take some kind of physical education in high school, so I chose volleyball. My anxiety was so bad (and still is) that I would not move to try to bump the ball under any circumstances which caused my 'teammates' to think me even more of a weirdo and hate me. I was just standing there like a moron one day and the ball hit me smack in the face and everyone about died laughing.

Fredscars

More caused by my clumsiness than anything else but i could have died from the Embaresment.
I was at school walking along with my best mate desperately trying to learn my latin vocab for my next lesson and was walking down the stairs..couldnt see where my feet were and went 'you know im going to fall over some..'
tripped and slid down the stairs mucking my ankle up. Talk about irony. But instead of geting up and hobbling, i sat hand on ankle talking to a wall..i knew it was a wall..but i just sat and talked to it. No idea what i was talking about..i was just embaresed and was trying to find a way to ignore it..not sure if that was the right way..
anyway, my friend was laughing..and this teacher came up and was like..you ok?..i said nothing and she had to talk to my mate and explain that id fallen down these stairs..so she got me up and i had the fun task of grabbing a teacher with two arms around the shoulders ansd basically being carried down through the school :oops: :oops:
i wanted to die so bad. i could hear the laughter...

but seriously..why the wall? why talk to the frigging wall?

maggie

Seriously, I embarass myself on a daily basis. But a memorable one; When I first got my driver's license I really was afraid to drive, still am. I have a terrible sense of direction, so I got lost looking for an address. I pulled into a driveway to turn around, a house that looked empty. But, as I backed out, my front bumper became attached to one of those wires that come from hydro poles, think they are called guy wires? I almost pulled down the whole fucking hydro pole trying to unattach myself from guy wire thingy!! :oops: I attracted a fine huge crowd of pissed off, but probably also amused neighbours. And also a fire truck to help unhook wire from my bumper. The whole time the owner of the house was screaming at me at the top of her lungs. Not my best day 8)