taking avert abroad?

danp100

hi all,
i have been taking avert for a month or so and it really seems to help. i am going on holiday in two weeks, but not sure i will be able to pack the medication to take with me, will it cause problems at the airport? i understand you can take perscription drugs, but i dont have a perscription for these, so i guess i wont be able to take them? thanks for any help
dan

Jezza

hi all,
i have been taking avert for a month or so and it really seems to help. i am going on holiday in two weeks, but not sure i will be able to pack the medication to take with me, will it cause problems at the airport? i understand you can take perscription drugs, but i dont have a perscription for these, so i guess i wont be able to take them? thanks for any help
dan

Maybe you can still get a decleration from your GP that you are using this stuff for medical reasons, even if (s)he didn't prescribe them to you?

I have no experience with meds on a plane (nor snakes on a plane), but I did once take my ionto machine with me on a plane. Explained to customs it was a medical device (had the instructions and stuff with me) and they gave me no problems at all...However your results may vary I guess.

Gidi

Your rite that might cause problems at the airport....I went through that when I had to take my depression pills with me overseas....Before your trip try to contact your doctor and try to get a new batch of medication prescribed too you....If you can't then try to explain why you have those medications with you and hope they will on the plane with them.