T2-T3 vs T3-T4 ETS surgery.

surfsider

So im still doing research on Ets surgery and it seems like these surgeons are now mostly clamping inbetween the T3 and T4 ganglia for sweaty palms as opposed to doing T2. Still some surgeons are doing T2 though for sweat palms which is what i find confusing. Why can't these surgeons agree on what level to clamp or cut the nerve? All of them claim that their method will result in less side effects and compensatory sweating.

Do doctors even know what the sympathetic nerves control? Sure they effect sweating but what else do they do?

This surgery has thoroughly pissed me off because there's so much contradictory material and I don't know what to believe.

We don't even know if hyperhidrosis is a freakin disease, the doctors could just say that so people will look into treatment and get surgery.

Plus all the studies that i've found online about patient satisfaction rates are all written by doctors who perform this surgery so of course they're bias.

Has anyone had ETS at T3 or T4 and is still satisfied?

T

thatguy85

Im 23 years old and recently had ETS surgery to cure the sweating in my face and hands. I underwent the ETS laser surgery where they burn the nerve in my chest to make it less active this is different than the cutting or clamp. I am thrilled with the results of my surgery. THere have been a few side affects like my back and legs sweat more. But this is very tolerable compared to what i used to go through on a daily basis. I feel much more confident because i can work work with my clients at work and shake their hands with out having to fear my hands being wet. This is a very emotional subject for me because i thought hyperhydrosis was something i was going to have to live the rest my life with. If any of you are considering having the surgery or have questions i would encourage you to do much research before going through with. Please email me if you have questions i will respond to ALL emails [email protected] and replys. This website is a very valuable tool i am happy to see others that can relate to my situation.