Suicide

Anonymous

Hi just been thinking about suicide and persons issues on it.

Is it wrong because people say it is and how this world is bound by rules and laws or do you think its wrong , if so tell me why after you read the following.

Also knowone actually knows if you die so people judge choices like suicide as a bad thing , Maybe this place is an introdution too see how well you cope and thusfor put you somewhere suitible later on .

If the above isnt true then the only other thing that could possibly happen is the effect of deep sleep where u have no memory , thoughts , feeling you just do not exist , If this is true then whats the point in life atall and why stay here too stop from hurting people when you or them wont remember anyway.

People also say its hurts those around you like family etc but for someone who is only living too stop that and nothing else. Is that not more wrong that suicide? why should 1 person live in hell his whole life just too please others, its kinda like slavery in a way.

Anonymous

Think on death as something you already bought. You said it. No one knows what happens after ( life?, no life?, all the contrary?, ).

So if this world is a phase between lives. then the better knowledge you get of this world the better. and no one knows the world better than old people. so when they die they have enough experience to deal with death and the next worlds/realities. Suicide only concerns to human and a few animal species wich i dont remember ( some insects i think ).
Get your experience in the world. you might need it after earth. who knows wich other stars you might be visitin afterwards. :wink: . But my honest opinion is:
Earth is pretty much a paradise since we all got freewill already, so it might be the last one, it even has an atmosphere!, we are lucky.
See you.

Anonymous

(Same guest) I forgot to mention...
people doesn't want you to die, not because they are selfish and want you as if you were a drug, but because they feel something for you. probably love. they want (love) you. you just need to want (love) them.
The world is big enough to keep in your town forever.
other landscapes...other moods. Peace.

GettingThere

What if maybe the depression follows you into the next realm of life? Maybe it is something which is best endured here and once endured brings about a positive change to the individual by way of making them a more humble/unselfish person.

Even with the horrible things associated with SP and depression, it is still a beautiful world if you look hard enough. Besides, there is a lot of enjoyment to be had if you can just avoid the trappings of self-pity which we all feel from time to time. Some days feel so utterly hopeless that you cannot imagine ever feeling good again but with time the situation always changes and life feels terrific once again.

blank

See the movie 'What Dreams may Come". ( No ... not to be confused with "Wet Dreams may Cumm ")
This movie depicts what I feel will happen ( if and ) when i kill myself.
I challenge myself every time that I really consider 'doing it'.
I tell myself " O.K. self ...so you think you are ready to confront death, but yet you will not confront life ?
I swear that if I reach the point of actually carrying out my plan of the perfect end, that I would first do something that I would never do ... ever .... jump out of a plane.
If, after jumping out of a plane you still have the same desire to die, just don't open the 'chute.
Your family will grieve, but it will not be the same as if they found you stiff and cold, stinking with your brains on the floor.
I know of two people ( one my granfathers brother, and the other a former co-worker of mine ) I know of two people that both shot themselves in the head with a shotgun..
The most painful thing to me was not hearing that they died, but that both had their children find them dead.
The entire family becomes destroyed.
Even when you are gone and in a possible 'dreamland', your parents, brothers , sisters, and everyone that you know .... including all of us speaking with you today will be hurting... and still very much so alive.
I know where you are now mentally. You want some feed back from all of us to show that we care, but also part of you wants to just tell everyone to just fuck off and for us to tell you to do it versus giving you excuses why that you should hold on.
I'm not here today telling you to 'hold on', what I am doing is daring you to do some things that you would never do.
Jump out of a plane ( you WILL find that you actually wanted to live.)
Confront your parents about your plan to kill yourself.
I did.
You just might find that they love you more than you thought.
If you own a gun, get rid of it.
I did.
Guns are too easy. Most feelings of suicide are short term and pass within hours.
With a gun all that you need to do is freak out for a second and move your finger - to make the biggest fucking mistake we will ever make.

As for all of those that say that you go to hell when you kill yourself.... I say "yeah whatever".

I believe that ( much like depicted in the movie that I was refering to before ) when you kill yourself, you are severly depressed and remain in that state of mind indefinately - apart from those you love, but still very much in their world. ... drifting as a ghost .
You create your own hell.

Take it easy Waitnbleed ( love the name ...makes me think of the time my sister slit her wrist open. )
Take it easy Waitnbleed . We all care about you here. i don't know who the fuck you are ( and a large part me doesn't want to know you ( after all why get to know a person if they are just going to hurt you ?
But anyways ... give this all some time to cool down.

Peace

LA323

I think that God lends u ur life, and then when u die, u give it back to him so he can give it 2 some1 else......... but who knows

Anonymous

that would mean the rate of people dieing and being born would be the same LA323 which isnt true

felix

Well firstly. whether or not suicide is bad because we've been trained to think that or because its actually bad is a major ethical debate really. but in my opinion it must have been bad somewhere along the way for us to think it is.
I guess it depends on if you believe in the afterlife, I personally wouldn;t do it because I've read near death experiences and all the ones who tried to commit suicide had bad experiences. So it seems that you have to live this life properly to enjoy the afterlife.
It seems unfair that someone has to live in suffering just to please everyone else i know. But you learn from suffering I guess. Think how you would feel if someone close to you commited suicide, I wouldn;t want to do that to anyone else. And if you believe in reincarnation you can be comforted by the fact that if you suffer in this life and learn from it hopefully the next one will be better!
:)

Anonymous

i think if somebody wishes to end this life then it is their choice. I have been in the situation to consider it. as have alot of people on here.
that is not to say i would encourage it, and when friends come to me severely problemed, and considering it seriously i do my best to dissuade them, but only because it is the final choice you can make..once youve made it..thats it.
suicide isnt the only answer, although we can become blind to that.
as for the hurting others..i dont believe that should be the only reason you keep living..but then you have to think of it..
you want to die. totally and utterly. you cant stand another day. But, you have a best mate..who depends on you, for her to have a reason for tomorrow. You kill yourself to escape the pain..and then suddenly..your best mate is going trough exaclty the same thing as you did,
its up to you to decide whether youd prefer to have to suffer yuorself, whilst saving someone erlse or if youd rather just escape from it personally, not caring about the other person.

blank

FreD said:
. But, you have a best mate..who depends on you, for her to have a reason for tomorrow. You kill yourself to escape the pain..and then suddenly..your best mate is going trough exaclty the same thing as you did,
its up to you to decide whether youd prefer to have to suffer yuorself, whilst saving someone erlse or if youd rather just escape from it personally, not caring about the other person.

Well said !

edb

I tried to commit suicide about 4 months ago. Since then I've slowly started to turn my life around and I am incredibly happy to be alive, even though I have really bad SA. It's hard to say if it's right or wrong because nobody can trully understand the pain that another person is going through. Suicide can effect family, friends, etc., but sometimes the pain is too unbearable.

I just hope that people who think about suicide alot at least try to get help first. Noboby can make your decisions for you but if you think you're going to do it just try and wait for awhile. Give life another shot. I acted too rashly, but I got lucky. Many people haven't been as lucky as me.

Anonymous

hmmm

you know that dark hole? I figure that suicide just thrusts you further into it, instead of releasing you. what if it's true that your karma follows you after death and into a new life? you might not feel much about causing the people you care about to suffer deeply, since you will be released from your suffering. you may not feel bad, since your sorrow is sooo much worse than anything else imaginable. how would you feel now, if you pushed someone else into a hole as deep as yours was? do you care? what about after you die, when someone who loved you very much, like a parent, falls into your hole and kills themselves? of all the things we don't know, we don't know what happens after death, but the energy you carried does not dissapear. do you like the idea of getting to discover what happens after you pull the trigger? only to find that it's radically different than you ever imagined? or how about getting to see, or feel, the consequences of giving away your life, something you can never take back! hey, we really don't live that long! just wait it out for christs sake, you'll be dead before you know it! it's always better to wait, if your life really has nothing to offer you, then you'de be dead already, in a freak accident or by a terminal disease. don't take it for granted, just becuase it doesn't seem good enough is no reason to throw it away, we're all incredible ignorant and blind, never knowing how much worse it could be until we push away, never satisfied.
there's my rant and a couple very long sentences, thanks for reading