Success??

Travis88

What Helped you??

I was just wondering, what medication and/or therapy has helped you?
Currently i am taking medication that i dont think is doing anything and am too scared for group therapy(also scared of 1on1 too :( ).

P.s.i Know that the same medication doesent work for everyone but at least its a place to start.

my doctor recently prescribed Lexapro (10mg) for me. It seems to be helping a little, for instance I've been able to go out in public more, and although I still feel some anxiety doing so, it is not as bad as it was.

JWH

Getting out once a day, eating healthy food, walking, taking public transport, going to the gym, going to the cinema, working. I still only work two days a week, but it's better than nothing. Working the full week will be my ultimate goal.

You have to start out with small goals, with no pressure and something positive to keep you going. I don't know what your goals are but mine were to get rid of the agoraphobia and lose weight. Both goals are getting done this way. I refused to let the doctor prescribe me Effexor and instead relied upon myself to get something done for a change. Being able to change yourself is one pretty satisfying thing.

Crimefish

CBT is helping, but I think I'm gonna stop making progress once I get to the exposure part. Keeping myself occupied and happy is also helping, 'cause if I get depressed again, I'll go back to square one.

Colin

The therapist eventually tells you to perform the exercises in the worst of public situations and perhaps take notes. :)

Travis88

omg and the therapist lives to see the next day? I would imagine alot of beaten therapists for trying that.

kattness

well i tryed 2/3 anti-depressants and lucky for me none worked :D
ive been going to therapy for 3 years now and that doesnt seem to be going anywhere.
though i agree with that person - small goals are the best way to go about things.

Arrrrgh

The Most Effective Medicine So Far

Far and away, the most effective medicine for me so far has been SERZONE, about 300 milligrams per day is the best. It works synergistically with Buspar making the concentrations of Buspar many many times higher, so you only have to take 2.5 mg or 5 mg of Buspar 3X per day.