Success! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm gloating.

WriterChick3

Hey.

This is kind of pointless to post but I thought maybe (some) would be interested in hearing that I've pretty much overcome my anxiety and SA.
I'm not sure how it happened -- but suddenly I just stopped caring what other people thought of me and I've become more 'outgoing' towards people, enough to where I'm more open to making jokes in public and feeling comfortable. I may feel a tiny bit of anxiety creeping up inside me once in a while, but I somehow push it away.

But my main problem is now depression. I still have stress but it's manageable; I guess I worked hard and I finally got sick of feeling afraid of nothing and letting others control my feelings.
I've dealt with people in real life who have bullied me and I think I just snapped and went "That's enough. I'm going to show them what kind of good friend they're missing out on; They won't ruin or scare me. I'll show myself to the world and be a different person."

I was motivated and wanted to prove people wrong. I just felt like there was no point in letting anxiety take over anymore; While I assumed people were gossiping behind my back, which I still kind of think they do, I realize they more than likely are not because they have better things to do -- like I do.
It was also kind of like.... why do they get to live happily and anxiety-free and socialize while I feel anxious over nothing. So, I got over panic-attacks over time and started to socialize more.
I'm naturally quiet but when I get to know somebody I open up. I have the thing of getting embarassed talking to guys and not knowing what to say and suddenly become awkward, but that's something else I need to work on.

My depression does lead to self-doubt, suicidal thoughts (of course), worry of messing things up, emptiness and etc.
I'm not dealing with anxiety anymore. Which feels really good... now I can focus more on the depression.

I also had the thought of "Things stay negative if you don't try to change them."
If that makes sense.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm gloating! But I hope you all know it is possible to overcome SA and all that stuff if you really try and find motivation for it... And I know you've all tried, so I hope that doesn't sound offensive, but I once thought I would never get over my anxiety and would never feel comfortable with other people. But then I changed somehow and stopped caring about the things that led to my anxiety.

Last edited:

SLikeSascha

Though I don't know you (yet) I got to tell you that I'm really proud of you :)
This is a big step and you deserve a thread for that!
I feel like I could be at that point soon, I'm optimistic :)

Take this personal victim and use it as a motivation to overcome further struggles.