Struggling...

spirited7

Hi all,

i have come here just to vent a little.. Right now im struggling with my anxiety.. I had to move in with my mum back in October due to my former partner ending our relationship (due to my anxiety). I really dont like it here.. I cant afford to live away from home as i am a full-time uni student, and my SA stops me from being able to talk to people. I really miss being in a relationship with my former partner, whom i am still friends with. He said that he just wanted to see me manage my anxiety and to make a couple of friends i can go out with every now and then when he wants to chill with his mates. I have always been a shy and introverted person so meeting people is already hard for me. I fear that in the time that i am sorting out my SA he will move on. But then again i feel like i just shouldnt be with him if given the chance because i dont want to complicate his life. SA can be so crippling and exhausting at times and no matter how many times i try to explain this to him, he can never understand what its like. I would give anything to be free of SA and live a happy and carefree life.

Sacrament

Focus on what you need to be better, and on working on those things. Don't do it for him, do it for yourself. And only get in a relationship with him again if he's able to be reliable, instead of breaking up with you over who you are (at a particular point in time).