Stop!!!! Why are you all doing this to yourselves?

stevieN

Look I just joined for some support because it helps and all I've been reading is about people trying to find new things to do from their house! That is making it worse. I've been living with this for 10 years and that's only because I had no clue what was wrong with me. once I found out what It was, I was on the road to recovery. I'm the weakest person I know so for all those people that say it's too hard and give up, then you're just adding fuel to it.
You're not crazy, there's nothing wrong with you. All you need to do is get your mind off of the panic feeling. I want everyone reading this to do this exercise:

If you're housebound: Grab your cell phone, or anything with a video game or photos on it. Now think about the warm sun, think about how much you want to feel the sun. You really want to. Now step outside. Rate your level of anxiety from 1-10, 10 being the worse. If you're at 3 or higher, stay outside but take out your phone and start playing a game. Focus all your thoughts on the game and the sun. Stand there until you're at a 3 or lower. Once you feel comfortable, then walk out further. Look around every now and then. Keep your phone/game out where you can refer to it at anytime. I promise you will not have a panic attack if you can think about something else. Panicking is not the same as having an attack. So just becuse you start feeling panicky, doesn't mean it's goint to consume you. Once you've done this write back and let me know how it worked for you.

I'm not at doctor, but I'm a sufferer who's done this kind of stuff everyday for months til I was better enough. It took me 2 months to be able to work again after dealing with this for years. What do you have to loose? You're not gettign any better just sitting there, this gives you something to do and trust me it works.