stinky shoes?

hinder87

anyone here have stinky shoes because of their hyperhidrosis? i hate it so much lol. anyone have any remdies for this?

Matrix

hinder87 said:
anyone here have stinky shoes because of their hyperhidrosis? i hate it so much lol. anyone have any remdies for this?

I have the exact same problem, and I'm still trying to find a solution.

Like I said on my other thread, I think I'm having great progress on stopping sweating of my feet using Laser Formaldehyde. However, the instense and constant heat of my feet still generates some amount of moisture inside my shoes and this heat makes them smell. Then this generates anxiety which make the problem worse.

If I can control this anxiety (negative feedback loop), I think I might finally overcome this. But see a podiatrist and try Laser Formaldehyde. It may be enough to cure your problem--if you don't mind the soles of your feet looking white and extremely chapped.

iDShaDoW

Maybe Odor Eaters?

Try buying a few pairs of shoes and rotate the order in which you wear em, you could also try keeping a fan blowing over the pair you just wore after you take em off.

The_9th_passenger

Hey lads i had the same problem many years ago and it went away although not completely.
My hands and my feet used to sweat a lot. My close friends used to laugh at my hands-sweating cause it was so freak! I used to have my hands always wet. I even dropped sweat drops on the class table :? wich had 2 marks of humidity where i used to write :roll:
There is 2 things you must do to fix that problem:
1: stay easy, that means: relax, don't be anxious (yeah, i know... it's easier said than done and that's why we're all here for)
and 2: use some easy methods like odor stoppers, having always something to absorb sweeting (i used to have a pair of "cleenex" in my pockets so i could dry up my hands with them with no one taking notice of it)... you know... little tips to make your life a little better and so.
Nowadays i don't even care about it although i still have wet hands sometimes.
Feet are easier to treat. You can use thick cotton socks which will absorb great quantities of sweat. And one thing i believe that works very well is cleaning up your feet the best you can and then drying them COMPLETELY after each shower. It avoids bacteria to grow, which would make your sweat smell quite bad... you know.

teandtoast

things i do to try and make shoes/trainers not smell so quickly (as i suffer from feet sweating not really badly but bad enough)

I always try n take the shoes off where possible so give them time to breath n less time of sweaty feet being in the shoes
like if im getting train take them off then at work take them all day under my desk n sit just n socks then when after get train home have old skanky pair of trainers for 20min walk from train to home...so all in all the shoes arent on for too long during day as most the day off saving them from getting to sweaty etc if makes sense

then kinda same thing with trainers i try and have 2 new pairs of trainers in rotation so if went out one night wear the other pair the next night

also use old trainers for goin to shops etc or whatever so save good pairs for longer
I also maybe get new pairs every 2/3 months or something
also again if getting bus or train to mates or somewhere take them off during journey or if sat in bar take them off there just by ya feet no-one really notices n if did wouldnt care ...and if they are newish trainers u wear hardly at all hopefully they shouldnt smell

iDShaDoW

Oh yeah, Lysol disinfectant spray works too.

I'm part of a runner's forum and one guy had recommended that and it works for me.

Just take the spray, and spray it all over the inside of your shoes. Then put a fan on it to help it dry faster. Depending on how strong the odor is you might have to do it a couple times, then go ahead and do it every night after you're done with the shoes for the day.