Starting Uni soon and i got agoraphobia

JasonT

Well from what I've heard on the news and stuff they've been a lot of bashing and attacks out on the street, and to get to uni i gotta use public transport. Now the problem is im just really freaked out if i get ganged up on by a bunch of random thugs while catching the train or the bus. (btw the uni is in the city)
or if some just trash talks to me, idk what to say back because even if i did know what to say i obviously can't back it up because i don't look tough at all.

btw learning self-defence is a bit too late now since im going soon in a few days

I wish you the best of luck, i can imagion how your going to feel, i feel sad for you because i also suffer from agro! Keep us updated.x

JazzyB

I missed a lot of uni due to agoraphobia/anxiety/social phobia. I don't think there is much chance of random thugs trying to start you if you're just minding your own business. Maybe carry a personal alarm for peace of mind.

JasonT

i went for my first day and it wasn't as bad as i expected but i still haven't talked to anyone in uni.

Off The Wall

Nothing wrong with sitting by yourself or not talking to anyone, after all you are there to learn not make friends? You'll talk when you're ready.. pretty big step to be going to Uni when you have Agoraphobia! You should be proud! I know how hard it is.

Scooter

every day you go, it gets a little easier, hardest part is talking yourself out of the house