SP suitable jobs

Scottish_Player

I thought i would see if anyone has any ideal jobs that would suit someone with sa/sp i have been looking for a new job now for about 6 months and this is someof the things i could see my self doing

HGV DRIVER -most time on my own and only having to interact with other people when iam dropping off the delivery stuff.

FORRESTRY COMMISION - working outside most of the time in areas that you are unlikely to come across people,so again minimum contact.

POSTMAN - only contact would be in the morning in the sorting office

DRIVING INSTRUCTOR - only have to deal with one person at a time which for me personaly i could handle

These are just some of my ideas that i have been thinking about and was wondering if anyone has anything they could add :)

smiley

maybe a delivery guy. only have to make small talk with colleages in morning when collecting and on the phone if nobody is home.
just have to be willing to help.

smiley

sorry me again. :oops: landscape gardineer. it wud be brilliant. getting plants to grow. plants aren't bitchey and gossipy. It's healthy and warm in the summer. it's attention to detail and making somebody happy. maybe u cud start small and do the work yourself and then teach yurself over internet the extras.

avid_merrion

Scottish_Player said:
I thought i would see if anyone has any ideal jobs that would suit someone with sa/sp i have been looking for a new job now for about 6 months and this is someof the things i could see my self doing

HGV DRIVER -most time on my own and only having to interact with other people when iam dropping off the delivery stuff.

FORRESTRY COMMISION - working outside most of the time in areas that you are unlikely to come across people,so again minimum contact.

POSTMAN - only contact would be in the morning in the sorting office

DRIVING INSTRUCTOR - only have to deal with one person at a time which for me personaly i could handle

These are just some of my ideas that i have been thinking about and was wondering if anyone has anything they could add :)

you dont wanna do the postman stuff dude i did that last summer to earn some money over the summer and there was always someone moaning bout their mail or always folk stopping you in the street saying any mail for me etc.

Danfalc

Banned
A burglar??

Night time- (theres less people about at night)
No contact with people-(unless your a crap burglar and decide to rob someone who is in)
Good uniform-( a smart burglar will wear all black, so if you do see someone outside, its unlikley they will notice you)

har har har sorry i couldnt resist :oops: umm on a more serious note, a night shift at a supermarket, just stocking shelves and stuff while its closed.

or maybe like a security guard at night? not like a beat up everything that moves security guard, but like a watchman or somthing.

I think to get a job when you have sp/sa requires 3 things when your really bad. Well it would for me anyway.

1. it needs limited contact with people
2. You need to be busy most of the time to stop the bad thought cycle kicking in
3.You need to enjoy it, somthings always easier to stick at it if you enjoy it

cody2468

I have had quite a few jobs most of which involved nightshift or very early morning starts with very little contact with other people. I found this worked for awhile but noticed that the more I avoided other people the worse my SA was getting and I was seriously lacking in social skills. I couldn't hold a conversation if my life depended on it.

I have now got a fulltime job (dayshift) which at first was a real challenge for me. I drive taxis for a living which means I had to get used to being around people again. Have been doing this job for the last 5 years and really love it now.

GettingThere

I really wish that I had artistic tendencies.

Think about it, you work alone, artists are considered eccentric and are frequently reclusive, & the quality of an Artist's work is often enhanced when the individual has suffered emotional turmoil.

Chilling__Echo

yeah, being an artist would rule.

data-entry! i've been trying to get a job like that lately. also just a plain office job at a bank or something. "office assistant"

hermitt

GettingThere said:
I really wish that I had artistic tendencies.

Think about it, you work alone, artists are considered eccentric and are frequently reclusive, & the quality of an Artist's work is often enhanced when the individual has suffered emotional turmoil.

um.. isn't that bit of stereotype? i think it was a canadian writer magaret atwood, that we, artists should show more than romanticism idea of artists as poor tortured souls.. then again i think that's how i got into it(to look solitude or avoid social interactions), and a lot of people i do know who do arts are depressed, been through a lot etc. i tried to go through book of 20 century art history and by the time i was through chapter one, i found hand full of artists who have killed themselves. i say it's a cheery out look for me :lol:

black_mamba

How about freelance graphic designer or illustrator?

Uh, don't get me started on tortured artist types.

<---hates art that does nothing but reek of 'woes me, poor poor me' Guess there's a market for it though. :roll:

strike3

how about drafting? like civil drafter? I think most of the time, they sit in front of their computer and draw/design stuff?

black_mamba

As in technical drawing drafter? Unfortunately they tend to work from company offices rather than from home if thats what you were implying. A lot of engineering jobs require a suprisingly high level of social interactions to get done [effectively anyway]. But I've noticed that a lot of us engineering students are fairly quiet or laid back in nature, so its cool to be around them. :)

Aha! That reminds me, if your technically minded and don't mind sitting in front of a pc for hours on end - freelance CAD work, if you can find it, pays very well. My partner found some but only through making smalltalk with friends of his relatives - something I could never do, I was dead jealous! :evil:

SilverLiner

As scary as it may sound I always thought retail would be pretty good. You're seeing people all the time which helps build up your confidence but you don't always have to make conversation with them. You can just say as little as hello, the price and the change. I found it quite comfortable doing that until every now and then I'd go in the deep end and start a minor small talk, wether it's about how many tins of catfood they have, the weather etc. You just kind of step up when you feel ready. The only thing I hated was asking people for ID.

strike3

Im currently going to college taking civil engineering technologist(going to second year). Right now, I'm leaning towards cad drafting in the civil industry. I have good math and computer skills for this job, but the only problem I can think of is being able to "fit in" with the professional workers. I'm trying to improve my social interaction everyday(some days not so good), so that when that day comes, I'd be more comfortable.

black_mamba

Im currently going to college taking civil engineering technologist(going to second year). Right now, I'm leaning towards cad drafting in the civil industry. I have good math and computer skills for this job, but the only problem I can think of is being able to "fit in" with the professional workers. I'm trying to improve my social interaction everyday(some days not so good), so that when that day comes, I'd be more comfortable.

Good luck, I still find it difficult to fit in with some of the students (the strong go-getting loud types who want to become pilots or astronauts!) but I find professional engineers (and the lecturers) really nice laid back people. :)

hermitt

black_mamba said:
How about freelance graphic designer or illustrator?

Uh, don't get me started on tortured artist types.

<---hates art that does nothing but reek of 'woes me, poor poor me' Guess there's a market for it though. :roll:

graphic designer, or illustrator both needs network connection, so it might be hard

black_mamba

Some of it does, but I've managed to find some good graphic design work through the net. There are often jobs boards on art forums or speciality sites.

I found some work by accident on a theme park forum, a new rollercoaster company needed an artist to depict their new park. It was such a big job I couldn't physically do it in the end, but the right person with the right talent could have done it easily.

If anyones interested; http://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/offers/

Thats just one of many.