Solution for my daughter!

Gmoney2030

:D
I have had my daughter on 2% topical glycopyrrolate for the past week. Her palmar hyperhidrosis has reduced SIGNIFICANTLY.

I was skepical if the medicine would penetrate through her skin but I am VERY pleasently surprised.

Anyone else have success with this?

G

Hyper-Hydro

If you look in Pinker´s post, there´s a lot of material about glycopyrrolate, and he has made his own experience with it. In a correspondence with me though, he said he finds ionto- with tap water to be quite sufficiently effective on it´s own. Glycopyrrolate is another anti-cholinerg. I.e. it´s a drug which blocks activity in your nervous system. Blocking signals within your nervous system is probably not very smart, even if you ignore the possible side effects, which seem scary enough if you ask me.

teandtoast

hyper-hydro stop putting down things that work for other people it's getting boring...people maybe aware of the side effects or the processes that happen which may not be smart in what they do but if they work and they're happy then great it's their choice

stop being so negative is getting rather boring

fair play this person if it is working for your daughter I for one am pleased to hear you have found something for her :)

Hyper-Hydro

Teandtoast playing around with the sensory system in a young person is not like one of your drinking binges. Is this glycopyrrolate prescribed to the girl? If not I think this practise seems very irresponsible.

Gmoney2030

Prescription

I consulted with a leading pediatric dermatologist at John's Hopkins University. I did not need a prescription (the only place I found you can buy it is through Canada). I also consulted with the pharmacist in Canada. I have read significantly over the past 20 years on hyperhidrosis and ETS.

Thanks Tea and Toast for your supportive words.

Hyper-Hydro

Re: Prescription

Gmoney2030 said:
I consulted with a leading pediatric dermatologist at John's Hopkins University. I did not need a prescription (the only place I found you can buy it is through Canada). I also consulted with the pharmacist in Canada. I have read significantly over the past 20 years on hyperhidrosis and ETS.

Thanks Tea and Toast for your supportive words.

Thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity, did "the leading pediatric dermatologist at John´s Hopkins University" have any explanation why he could not provide a prescription for your daughter, or why glycopyrrolate is under prescription requirements in the rest of the world besides from Canada? The only implementations of glycopyrrolate in topicals seem to be Canadian patents, and all other glycopyrrolate applications are still under prescription also in Canada.

Gmoney2030

Prescription

He would have given me a prescription, but didn't need to. The only place to buy these "secure wipes" are in Canada and they did not require a prescription.

Hyper-Hydro

Re: Prescription

Gmoney2030 said:
He would have given me a prescription, but didn't need to. The only place to buy these "secure wipes" are in Canada and they did not require a prescription.

I know. You told us that. I was just curious if your professor has an explanation of why this is so?

You´d think the combined medical industries of the entire rest of the world would also be interested in profiting from HH victims if something wasn´t stopping them from doing it. Glycopyrrolate is not a Canadian invention although Secure Wipes may be. If they are so efficient, then why aren´t they available at any drugstore?? I´m sure the Canadian govt. would gladly support any export venture.

If you communicate on a regular basis with this leading pediatric dermatologist, would you be so kind to ask if he can explain why your govt. thinks your daughter needs a prescription? There must be a clinical/technical explanation for that.

Gmoney2030

prescription

He is not a professor. He is a doctor at the Hospital/University. You should relate your question to the FDA or start a company that sells the stuff. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Hyper-Hydro

Re: prescription

Gmoney2030 said:
He is not a professor. He is a doctor at the Hospital/University. You should relate your question to the FDA or start a company that sells the stuff. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

I´m relating the question to you, because you´re the guy with 20 years of reading about HH and a professional at your hand. But maybe you´re right, let´s just buy some drugs. Why worry about why they work or any side effects. Life´s too short to figure things out anyway. You´re already selling the stuff here with your recommendations, maybe that business proposal is more up your alley than mine.

Gmoney2030

Doctor

I'm not selling anything. I am just trying to use this forum to let other sufferers know what I am doing. Maybe I made a mistake to assume that the users of this forum would do their own research/trial/seek medical advice. I AM NOT TRYING TO PLAY DOCTOR. Seek your own.