So, what to do...

rado31

None of medicines i ahve tried so far didnt help me pemanently get out of the SP and depression..Last one i was given for Bipolar and SP didnt made me feel braver , i even i m unable to go to the dentist. I trip a lot on it , mainly badly and i m addicted to it(On and off..). I told to that arogant shrink every time i saw him that i dont feel well on it but he insisted. He is so mad the he told me that gaining almost 20 kilos fit me well. I avoid him on the streets. Sad thing is that he is considered the uber-shrink in this area populated with 2 million people... Basically i avoid every person i met in this city because of their disguisted personalities. Frankly , i do have social skills. Usually , by looking in eyes i can tell wheter a person is a dickhead or not. Here everyone is a mean wreck. I hate it. How can they be like that all the time?

So, i dont know can i do a CBT on my own. I was listetning to some therapist on the tv, he does REBT , has anyone of you has success with this method, i m very curious??

I gathered a plenty of self help books and courses but i didnt stick to anything particular. Pretty confused.

Some of you say that moving to another city doesnt change anything about SP. I would really like to move out from here in some nearby city.
But i dont have no energy at all, i hardly wake myself of bed.

I'd love to move to another city too. Miami is one of the most unfriendly places on Earth. As far as doing CBT on your own: I'd suggest trying ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) instead. There are lots of ACT self-help workbooks out now. ACT won't cure you overnight, but it has helped me a lot. Meds and CBT only made me worse.

desperate

Guys to be honest with you, I always ended up hating everywhere I lived. I lived in big cities, small cities, cute small towns on the beach (not bad at all), country side and at the end... I fucking hated everybody. I think we are the problem not the place we live in.