so i'm trying Valium

mike_sp

Not sure if this is in the right forum but after reading about the types of medication available for sp's i saw a doc yesterday and got some valium.

So i thought i'd share my effects with it.
For the 2mg tablets, a box of 50 costs AU$13.
Doc says it can make you drowsy but i seemed fine.

Immediately after i took it i felt strangley light footed and couldnt stop smiling. I was kinda bemused cause I just felt , i dunno, not as anxious in public and i havent havent like that in over 14 years.

I'm still self concious in public but i'd say it reduced it by about 35-40%
and another great thing was my face doesnt 'freeze' up as much in public or when when i talk to ppl.

Its my second day on valium and i've noticed i feel abit more calm when i talk to co-workers.

I still think therapy is best for long term, which i'll try oneday.

redlady

mike_sp wrote:

Immediately after i took it i felt strangley light footed and couldnt stop smiling.

Oooh sounds nice. I thought valium was a sleeping aid :? You learn something new everyday. Glad to hear about your new calmer and less anxious state of being. :)

jesuschristschild

yeah, its good to hear your doing better but be careful of the long term effects, i dont know much about it, but be carefull n e ways...

i wish the best for you :)

mike_sp

Thanks guys :)

Yes thats a good point. Side effects of long term use are improtant to be aware of.

And I dont like the idea of simply popping pills all the time and totally relying on them.
Thats why i plan to use them sparingly. Its all about balance.

Atari

You should be taking them as least often as possible, from my personal experience it was a nightmare comming off them. There's a reason why they are hard to get prescribed, you can develop a tolerence very quickly.

thugaveli

Damn my Gp won't prescribe me valium :evil:

I think they would bring me under control from comments ive heard about valium, and my father was on it

Yes the Dr's don't like to prescribe it for longterm use, i'm not sure what the effects are

I'm thinking on the lines of paranoia.........will have to check that up

rachel

Banned
Hi, i've got a bottle of valium on hand to use for those specially demanding occasions like presentations adn interviews. my doc told me that it is easy to get hooked, and the effect wears off after a while, so you have to up a dose and so on. that is why i am not on it everyday, because i don't like the idea of being drowsy constantly.
when i took valium, there was no immediate effect, but i only felt slightly drowsy after half an hour. i think it was more the psychological effect of the drug rather than its chemical effect i was relyin on hehe.

anyway, just becareful not to get too hooked