So anxious in important meetings..

SilentAndShy

So I had two meetings with a solicitor relating to my wife's application to come and reside with me..

Anyway, last week was the first meeting, I was incredibly nervous fearing my documents might be incorrect and it'd be a wasted journey (getting the train down, booking a half day holiday from work) and my solicitor, even as he met me in the alleyway, just felt a bad vibe. The meeting wasn't great as I did need to return with documents and he confused me with something which went over my head and I was nervous, anxious yet he was all business, no warmth, nothing to say to relax me, no small talk yet I'd 'rehearsed' before how I'd make small talk apologising for the incessant emails yet I just cba to do so.

Second meeting today, again, all business and I had an issue using her computer to process a payment and I'm sure she saw my anxiousness, and my tenseness. The objective of the meeting was achieved but Don't want to be in that position again hopefully!

Joan6466

I think there's such a thing as rational anxiety. This IS a big deal for you- I'd be anxious, too. Just praise yourself for getting there- honor what you did- thank your solicitor for the "help"- stay friendly. Keep chipping away on this arduous process. Good luck!