Sleep Paralysis, woo !

(5:30am ish) I was sleeping on my stomach when suddenly I felt an intense pressure on my back. My chest felt as if it was being pulled into the mattress and all off attempts at calling out fell on deaf ears. Every time I would speak I felt my throat tighten more and more. Then I felt pinching, sweeping and the massaging of fingers on my lower back. They felt long, lukewarm and bony. I called out again and I was sure I heard myself but sounded strained. Now here's the kicker, lol. I saw the murky image of a slowly levitating grayish saucer nestled in bushes in my mind and some others things that I cannot remember. Suddenly it was if I was thrown from a dream and was finally able to regain control of my body. I was beyond terrified, hopped off with my blanket and slept on the couch in the living room.

*sigh*

It's been atleast three years since this has happened before.... ~_~

SCP-087-1

That sucks. I hear that if you hold your breath it wakes you up. I've never tried though. I'm usually freaking out too much to remember to try it

S_Spartan

Been having it for many years. I just try to shake myself out of it.

Like actually physically move to make myself wake up.

I find that I'm more prone to have it happen when the room is hot and stuffy.

Niceguy23

I have suffered from sleep paralysis my medication seroquel seems to cause it. I never feel anything or experienced anything like you said just complely paralyzed except for my eyes and I can't call or scream for help its last about a min or 2 but seems much longer and very scary. it is always the same experience and I'm always laying on my back when it happens

Been having it for many years. I just try to shake myself out of it.

Like actually physically move to make myself wake up.

I find that I'm more prone to have it happen when the room is hot and stuffy.

Whenever I've tried to do that I've felt more chained down to my bed and a ominous feeling would overwhelm me. I recall one time I felt the bottom of my blanket being pulled off slowly as I tried to fight. It seems to happen at any season really for me. The most peculiar thing is about this is the time frame. It has always happened around 5:30. I've also witnessed visual anomalies after I've ran out of my room.

I have suffered from sleep paralysis my medication seroquel seems to cause it. I never feel anything or experienced anything like you said just complely paralyzed except for my eyes and I can't call or scream for help its last about a min or 2 but seems much longer and very scary. it is always the same experience and I'm always laying on my back when it happens

Yikes. Yea it always feels like it's going on for half an hour. And it sucks to feel vulnerable laying in that position when usually you don't when it occurs....

Luckylife

I sometimes have lucid dreams where it is impossible to wake up, yet the dream is completely real. Physical movement brings me out of it. You mentioned that you slept on the couch, curiously if I sleep in a bed I might have lucid dreams, but if I doze off lying on the sofa I often have irregular breathing. Cheyenne Stoking is what they call it. I will take shallower breaths until my respiration is completely suppressed, then a very deep breath and the cycle starts again. But only if I doze on the sofa. Weird eh?