Sleep Disorders

JWH

So do any of you have sleep disorders? Any link to SP?

I feel I have hypersomnolence (sp?) where I find it very hard to get up in the mornings and I wake up tired. This definitely impacts in some way on my SP as I am simply unable to meet morning deadlines i.e. work. I also have been told I sleep walk and talk. Now the talking is babble like "I can't fit the leaf on the screen", but the sleep walking turned quite violent. I now lock myself in my room and the cat lump on my bed generally means I can't get up and act out my dreams... or so I hope.

SingaporeGuy

JWH said:
So do any of you have sleep disorders? Any link to SP?

I feel I have hypersomnolence (sp?) where I find it very hard to get up in the mornings and I wake up tired. This definitely impacts in some way on my SP as I am simply unable to meet morning deadlines i.e. work. I also have been told I sleep walk and talk. Now the talking is babble like "I can't fit the leaf on the screen", but the sleep walking turned quite violent. I now lock myself in my room and the cat lump on my bed generally means I can't get up and act out my dreams... or so I hope.

Luckily you dont suffer from sleep sex.. :eek:

http://www.sleepsex.org

Crimefish

I don't know if there's a technical term, but I never sleep well. It takes a few hours to fall asleep, then about three hours later I wake up scared to death as if I've had a nightmare. And then I fall asleep again a few hours after that. My sleeping pattern is all over the place. I'm very tired all the time no matter how much sleep I get.

LilMissTragic

Sledge hammer.... I got the best night sleep ever...after smacking my fiance round the head with it, certainly stopped his snoring!

mystery

I dont think that sleeping disorders is a symptom for depression.

I have read somewhere that if u want to go to sleep and can't stop telling yourself to go to sleep than u will find it much harder to have a good nite rest. Compared to if u say to yourself that u are determined to stay awake, u will find it harder and harder to stay awake!

introvert

JWH, it's called hypersomnia, the opposite of insomnia - it's like you can never get enough sleep to be rested. On weekends when i'm not pressured to go anywhere, I wake up at 8am or so, but feel tired and just continue lying around 'sleeping' trying to gain energy. Then before I know it, time is 1pm or so, and i'm groggier than ever. And it isn't due to extreme late bedtimes, I usually get 10+ hours of sleep.

JWH

Yes, that's it.

11am is usually when I wake if I am allowed to wake normally. When I was going to school I was like a zombie. We had assembly every morning at 9am and without fail, on the way back, my legs would turn to jelly and for a moment I felt like my legs would collapse. I haven't experienced this again because I haven't ever been under that sort of pressure since.

But with a mother who at times can be narcoleptic and a father with sleep apnea, I was bound to get an issue of some sort eh?