silence kills me

E

hey whats up i'm new here... i've been reading a few posts here which i identify with ,but never responded. well i just don't know what i have! i don't know if it's shyness or self-confidence or whatever..
i just feel as i can not talk to people, i'm 17.5 yep still in high school , last f*in year just 5 more months to go.. can't wait to finish school just because i feel so alone and bored there and why is that? cause i can't talkkkk i really hate that about myself if only i could find things to talk about that would make people interested in me. being queit only scares people away and they think im cold ,snobby,mean or just bored of what they are saying.
i work at mcdonalds ,everyone there is about 16-20 years old , they talk to each other so much but when it comes to me they just don't really talk to me maybe because when i respond what i say is boring.
today i sat with 2 of the workers , they were the ones holding the conversation and i just responded in a few simple words and i wish i had something interesting to say to them but i just didn't and that makes me wanna die. when one of the workers left for a few min. it was too quiet! i hate it when there is silence cause i feel its my fault and i NEED to say something but just don't know whattt. it seems like everyone gave up on me and don't want to talk to me and i'm just so frustrated :( how the hell can i change myself to speak normally as everyone else!

Dill

Hey there man! I have exactly the same problem!

I know what you mean, I get the impression that they think I'm boring and a loser. What i
I'm been trying to do is try and open my mouth, and say whatever crap comes out. Easier said then done and I really don't know if it is the right approach. What then happens is that I then can only mutter out questions, which in the end makes it obvious that I have nothing to say!

We gotta sort this prob out!!

E

first of all i'm a girl :lol:
mick i've lost loved ones.. thats when talking became even more difficult for me but it was always like this . i was always shy i think even around family and i don't remember having many friends :roll:

E

how old are you now?
do you have your own family?

i'm afraid i won't be able to get to that because i never had a relationship with someone... i don't want to be alone :( all i need is one person and there are so many people out there why the hell am i alone
i also find myself ugly so thats another defect i have... why would anyone want to be with an ugly and untalkative person like me :cry: