shyness on the phone and i need to relax advice? :)

ShyLamb888

well one of my internet guy friends hes a really good friend of mine we never met he lives far away his friends were over not the same as my last post and he knows i am a very shy girl and he said his friends wanted to talk to me on the phone and he would suggest me if i wanted but because i am a shy girl was shy to talk with them on the phone i said not now and he said ok tell me when u can. and i am always asking if his friends are gone yet and he said nooo they are my friends and your friends too :eek:mg::blushing: :eek: i want make more friends and talk to his friends on the phone but i will either freeze up and not speak that's what happens to me when am shy to talk :kickingmyself: either that or i get scared and i hang up the phone i don't to come off rude to his friends by hanging up on either of them he says his friends are not gone today yet if they still want to talk the shy girl lol any advice for me?

Last edited:

Nooms

One thing I've learned about phone conversations (I always think its terrifying to call strangers) is that usually they will have to happen in the end anyway, so it is better to get it done and over with as soon as possible. Who knows, you might actually like his friends as well. And if it is a complete failure, you can just stop the conversation and maybe discuss with your friend that you do not feel comfortable talking to his friends (he should understand, your friend's friends do not always have to become your own friends).

If you're reallllly too terrified to call in the first place, try and tell your friend about this. As you've said, he knows you are shy. Maybe then he will stop asking you about it and you do not have to feel so scared all the time :)

I just know that for me practising more with phone calls with strangers really helped me. I am still terrified for these conversations, but at least I'm at the point where I actually do dare pick up the phone.