shy girl trying to get to know a shy guy

cait36

So, theres this guy in my class in school and some people in my class had been originally trying to hook us up but it wasn't working because we are both incredibly shy. they stopped trying and then the guy and i realized we both had something in common (play guitar). we had a party in class before christmas break and brought our guitars and we stayed after everyone else had left and jammed for a bit and this was basically the first time we talked for a long period of time. He invited me over to his house after the break to jam and i got his number but that was pointless as i doubt if i will get the courage to call. The stupid thing out of all of this is that we basically never talk, outside of that one afternoon. break is over now and today was our second day back and i have tried yesturday and today to start a conversation with him at our breaks outside (smokers) but he says a few words and then it gets quiet and weird and he goes back inside. he seems highly uninterested in talking and im starting to get highly confused and annoyed as i feel stupid trying to make conversation while he hardly says a word even though he gave out his number and had invited me over. Can anyone make sense of this?

SocialRetahd

Oh, that sounds awful. Hey I pose a question. I've noticed outgoing people who are only shy of ME probably because of the way I am! Has anyone noticed this about themselves?

NYOrdeal

SocialRetahd said:
Oh, that sounds awful. Hey I pose a question. I've noticed outgoing people who are only shy of ME probably because of the way I am! Has anyone noticed this about themselves?

Lol people that i have never spoke to, that approach me tell me they find me mysterious.

And to the original poster, i suggest you call, take a breather before you do.
Talk calmly, he might talk less because he most likely doesn't feel comfortable with PDA.
Because i know i don't and it sounds like thats exactly what i do.
But once you got me all to yourself im one of the funniest/nicest/romantic guys a girl can meet.

Hop it helps.
It might also be that he is shy to call, so he is hoping you call.
Since you aint calling he suspects that you might not be feeling him.

renegade

SocialRetahd said:

Yes, I noticed that too...very outgoing poeple felling uneasy around me, nervous and stuff, dunno why, i guess the way you feel transmits to the others you get in contact with