Should I see my family doctor or dermatologist?

Pngwyn

Basically I have read up on HH a little, but I kind of want to talk to someone in live person.. should I go to my family doctor or the dermatologists? I'm not sure how common of knowledge HH is among the medical world... which would be my best bet for gathering information/possible solutions?

Thanks!

EDIT: Or is it worth it to go see anyone about it at all? It seems browsing this site provides a lot of important facts and things to try...

Also, as a side question, are there any incredibly harmful/potentially harmful (in the long run) effects from some HH treatments? Since I am starting to get into finding a solution I don't want to make some bad decisions..

Pngwyn

Pinker said:
Hey

I'd probably see a doctor first. Over here you would have to see a doctor in order to be referred to a dermatologist. It depends though, where do you suffer from hyperhidrosis?

I would start with products like Driclor to see if they work for you, then if they don't, move onto other things.

There's not many long term side effects I don't think (surgery aside). With the tablets there's lots of reported side effects. Everyone usually gets a dry mouth, dry nose and blurred vision in the short term. A few people have said they have become impotent. I would try to avoid the tablets if you can because they can have a lot of effects.

What are the chances the doctor would know about hyperhidrosis? Honestly, I'm not POSITIVE I even have it. All I know is sometimes when I get anxious/nervous I will sweat a lot from my forehead/neck, and it's really embarassing. And then sometimes when I'm not sweating I think "what if I sweat right now that would be so embarassing" which eventually leads to sweating -.-...

Do you have any suggested products? Or more information about Driclor? I think a while back I tried to use some "Maxim" product.. but it didn't work at all..

EDIT:

Just viewed the sticky..
I want to try Odaban and Secure Wipes, but would these be safe to use on the face...? I tried looking at the FAQ, but it only included scalp..

Pngwyn

Thanks for the information; it helps a ton. I'll schedule an appointment.

(Also, I noticed for secure wipes there are many different %'s of glycopyrrolate. If I end up buying some of these, will I want to just stick with the highest % for the most sweat resistance? Just wanna make sure because it's kind of costly.)