Shit.

4seasons

I was just talking to my friend who lives back home and I always thought this guy had a little SA to. Apparently this is not the case, he just told me he got into the university he wanted to get into and he has a girlfriend. I was feeling pretty good lately but this is a blow to my confidence, I feel like I'm behind everyone else in life. I don't even have anyone i can call on the weekend to do something with or anything, I have no way of meeting girls, and I still don't know what i want to do with my life. I'm 18 and i feel like I'm 14. I moved to the province i live in this past summer and now its starting to hit me....I think took the friends I had back home for granted. Anyone know what I can do to get on the right track? Or a way to meet a girl? Just looking for some advice.

bleach

Banned
DON'T COMPARE!!! For all you know, your friend may have had SA and beat it. It doesn't have to be a permanent situation. If your friend has improved his anxiety since high school, I'm willing to bet that it wasn't by comparing his lame social life with better ones. Take steps to address your own problems and let your friend live his own life.

Leki

You are only 18! If you think you are behind everyone else (which you probably aren't) you have got plenty of time to catch up. Its hard but try not to compare yourself with others, just think that there are always going to be people who you think are better of than you but you probably don't know the whole truth about them.

4seasons

As stupid as it might sound at 18 I feel like I missed out on the best years of my life(high school). I don't try to compare myself to my friends but I just do naturally. Like I'll hear something they are doing or did that I'll never be able to do and i just feel like shit.

blonderedhead

I'm almost 18 and I feel the same exact way. In fact, I always feel lucky that I move alot because I would absolutely hate running into someone I know and feel like they've done all of these things with their life and here I am :? ... but at the same time I have no way of meeting people and I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. It does suck. Sorry I don't have any advice but I do hope you find your way.

starseed

bleach said:
DON'T COMPARE!!! For all you know, your friend may have had SA and beat it. It doesn't have to be a permanent situation. If your friend has improved his anxiety since high school, I'm willing to bet that it wasn't by comparing his lame social life with better ones. Take steps to address your own problems and let your friend live his own life.

Absolutely right !!!

In order to keep your life clear ,you'd better reduce your desires.Desires from the comparison with others are just like fogs which make us blind and confused .

Ergo_proxy

Be quiet guy girls only wants a man for to be a family... Or wants a exciting's experiencies whith crazy boys. Life is it. She doesn't save wich wants because they are a butterflies.

If you want a god girlfriend, study and take a job.
If you want a be a funny boy fly whit them.

God luck!

starseed

4seasons said:
As stupid as it might sound at 18 I feel like I missed out on the best years of my life(high school). I don't try to compare myself to my friends but I just do naturally. Like I'll hear something they are doing or did that I'll never be able to do and i just feel like shit.

Rose is what it is as Lotus is what it is .Just watch them quietly and comparison is meaningless.
It is the comparison that brings you the feeling of inferiority or superiority complex.These feelings are always like the fog that make your life unclear.And they will disappear as you stop comparing .Then you will see you are such a real existence ,without any doubt.No matter are you a little tree or a big tree ,you are who you are ,and you are needed .The voice of cuckoo is as important as any buddha.Just because this world will be smaller and less colorful if this cuckoo dies out .
Have a look around you,you will find everything is necessary .The nature creat a perfect combination among each thing .It is an organic system inside of which no one is superior as no one is inferior .Every one is unique in this universe.It is blind to do comparison .

4seasons

Thanks A lot for the replies everyone. All this talk about comparing myself to other people got me thinking, and I actually do it A lot, all the time. Maybe this is actually one of the causes of my SA.