Sexual Compulsions

Zipper

I heard that a lot of negative emotions like shame, anger, fear, and inhibition can work themselves out as a form of compulsive sexuality.

For example, I read a story about a guy who couldn't be sexually assertive with his girlfriend, and felt ashamed of his sexual interests and ultimately developed a huge psychological dependence on "telephone sex lines." Using sex lines was a way of "scratching the itch" caused by his fears. Likewise, a lot of exhibitionists are afraid of women laughing at their genitals and this is a kind of gnawing anxiety that they are trying to quell by showing themselves to others in an effort to provoke what it is that scares them. Finally, some criminally compulsive people are men with foot fetishes whose obsession is fueled by the great shame that they have in being a "wierd foot guy." Finally, prostitutes report that their customers are often emotionally stunted timid men who don't feel like they can meet their needs in the real word.

Timid, shy, frightened, anxious, fragile people are often the ones who develop serious sexual compulsions and anxieties. Anyway, I was wondering how many of you can identify with this? Have you ever sexually acted at in an effort to shake a nagging fear or to work out some inhibition? Do you find outlets for sexuality that are outside of socially mature and responsible relations with the attendant risks?

renegade

Zipper said:
Finally, prostitutes report that their customers are often emotionally stunted timid men who don't feel like they can meet their needs in the real word.

Yes, I admit, u got me :cry:

allanboy

Well, i do have this wierd ass fetish with mummification, strap jackets, and machine fucking. *glup* Said too much.

Hey, how is phone sex? The woman pretends to have an orgasm or something?

Horatio

Zipper said:
Timid, shy, frightened, anxious, fragile people are often the ones who develop serious sexual compulsions and anxieties.

isnt that a bit of a generalisation?

redlady

What i want to know is how do these timid, shy, frightened, anxious, fragile people get the balls to do all this shit.