selfish phobia.

jesuschristschild

you did it, you should be happy with yourself, i know in your heart you gave up, but you got back up, the hell that it takes for you to do that is much more then a headache, so be happy, dont worry.....the same voice that puts you down from the darkness, points fingers, it wants to torhure you, stop worrying

much love to you, ya awesome :)

Jamie

redlady

Thankyou for your words JCC. Can i just ask did you speak in such a way before you found christ? I'm not just talking about the references to hell and evil. You always sound very loving and kind and are never offended - in fact you will apologise rather than show offence. This is not a judgement just an observation and one which i admit i admire. Is this the influence of your religion ? Just curious.

jesuschristschild

no i wasnt like this before.......when the holy spirit came inside me it gave me strength to love people, i know God is real, so i have compassion on people that put me down

God put love inside me....you know that fear when your walking towards someone, or someones on the bus with you, and you fear they are looking at you......maybe its just me, but God tought me how to love....i wouldnt say tought but he put love inside me to give, and when i love someone it feels sooo awesome and i love people i dont even know, its like having a new family member everywhere i go so im at peace, someone could mouth me off while i see a family member in them...

before i didnt know how to be nice, i hated the entire world.....i had evil thoughts daily, if anyone even looked at me wrong i wished death on them

now i try to love everyone....

hope this helped, im not keeping nothing back

much love

blubs

You're not selfish.
Things which might seem so easy for someone else can be so difficult if you struggle with social phobia. You struggled and you did it. Thats kind. A selfish person wouldn't have bothered.

redlady

blubs wrote:

You're not selfish.
Things which might seem so easy for someone else can be so difficult if you struggle with social phobia. You struggled and you did it. Thats kind. A selfish person wouldn't have bothered.

Thanks blubs i appreciate it - i'll stop beating myself up about it.

jss

I had these situations before

I must go to a some socially situation or I will look selfish,coward or any thing like that

at first I was always blaming my self and forcing my self to do such things

but these day I got the idea

I suffer so much from these situations

I discovered I am like a dumb or a lame person

but the only difference is that people understand and respect and become kind with dumb or lame person and they never ask him things he cann't do

but me as a sp person no one know or understand my suffering and overload me at most times

so I stopped blaming my self even I started to be kind with my self :lol:

but this didn't stop me from doing some things involving social situations if I needed and only if I was in a good mode and able to pass that

MaGuS

redlady said:
Thankyou for your words JCC. Can i just ask did you speak in such a way before you found christ? I'm not just talking about the references to hell and evil. You always sound very loving and kind and are never offended - in fact you will apologise rather than show offence. This is not a judgement just an observation and one which i admit i admire. Is this the influence of your religion ? Just curious.

redlady: I feel the sameway... This is how Buddha put it:

Little by little a person becomes evil, as a water pot is filled by drops of water...

Little by little a person becomes good, as a water pot is filled by drops of water.

and Redlady, maybe your being too harsh on yourself?? I think you your deed added drop of good into the pot.

shyandnumb

Even though you wer thinking these selfish thoughts, you actually had the will to go into that situation and end up helping brother anyway. :) You can move on with the knowledge that :"I may have been thinking selfish thoughts the entire time, but I willing to over come them to help another person." :wink:

bluenow

You were not selfish. You just had to have extra time to deal with your thoughts. Especially hard when it's a spur of the moment notice and no time to plan.
You dealt with your thoughts and won and you were out the door. Good for you.

redlady

I appreciate all of your perspectives - thankyou and you are right. I have a tendancy to be hard on myself and if i were the one being told my own story by someone else i would be very reassuring towards that person - i need to learn to be just as ressuring and positive towards myself.
MaGuS thankyou for Buddah's words - i liked them - yes i added a drop in my good pot :D