School Starting...Ugh

ShadowCat

Gah, school starts this Monday. I don't like school. It's my first year of high school though. Don't know if that's good or bad... Anyone else here going back to school?

Sue

im well out of school at this stage but i will never forget it. i wish i did it differently though. i wish i studied more ha ha alot more. if i was going back to school i would plan it and knuckle down. i would have one really close friend and do it one day at a time.

are you worried about it?

ShadowCat

are you worried about it?

Yeah, sort of. I'm not sure what I'll do social wise. There's one girl that I like that I'm pretty friendly with, but she's in a "clique" with two other girls that I'm not particulary fond of. They are way too outgoing for me and we just don't "click". I guess I bore them...Just recently I've come to realize that not every person you meet, you can become good friends with. Ah, I hope this year is better than last. Maybe I can become friends with one of the new kids.

Chilling__Echo

i'm going back for my second year in college. i DREADED starting high school but it was better than i thought it was. you'll meet plenty of people b/c there's alot of characters out there! good luck

ShadowCat

Chilling__Echo said:
i'm going back for my second year in college. i DREADED starting high school but it was better than i thought it was. you'll meet plenty of people b/c there's alot of characters out there! good luck

Eh, I go to a private school. There aren't that many kids there. There are only 200 kids in the whole high school.

marki

Im going to a new school next week, im going to my first year on college, and im also very very very nervous... :?

coolguy2005

don't be nervous

college is a very exciting time

If you make use of all the resources on campus, you should be well off.

Here's a tip

-You will need to triple your studying time.
-Seek help as soon as you need. Tests are much harder than in highschool.
-I would hold off joining a social club until the 2nd year so you can focus more on your studies(they tend to 'weed off' a lot of first year students by curving the class so that a certain percentage fail)
-Make friends with your professor and teaching assistants, they are pivotal in your success
-Get one or two buddies from each class who you can contact in case you miss lecture.

If you have any more questions, don't hesistate to ask :)

marki said:
Im going to a new school next week, im going to my first year on college, and im also very very very nervous... :?

Toad

I dunno...I don't agree that the tests are neccisarily harder, and at my college like only one class had the grades curved. I agree that you should get to know your professors though...easy for me to do since im at a small college. I go back to school tomorrow...back to hibernation.

Chilling__Echo

tests were harder for me and they were worth so much more than high school b/c tests are really your only assignment. but every proffessor, class, and college is different. meet people! don't stay in your room b/c you'll be miserable by the end of the year.

marki

Im actually quite optimistic about it, i see this as a fresh start to a new life and im intend to not be isolated anymore, as i was in highschool, i now know that that makes everything a lot more worse,

anyway thank you for the advices!! :)

ColdFury

College was easy for me academics-wise. Socially, it was absolute hell. I spent every waking moment being isolated and alone.