School - social anxiety/tremours...

DoodleDudette

Hey people! Lovin' the forum. I'm new here...I've kinda been floatering around here for quite a bit now and the advice you can get here is awesome!

I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some help. Ok, so...my story for the past stressful year: (Btw, I'm 15 years old...if that helps with anything.)

(I didn't know where to post this because it consists of a mixture of problems so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong topic) :D

Alright, here we go...lol :lol: ...It all started when I got put into the same class as the guy I was totally in love with. I was really happy at first and didn't make much of it. Then after about a week or so being in that class, I started to notice something really weird. This is so difficult to explain. Whenever I was sitting at the desk my head would just start to tremour. (not nervous flinching) I would just get this tremour and always feel as though I had to put my hand up against my face or something. Like I had to hold my head up or something. I always get this when I think somebody is watching or paying attention to me.

This "tremouring" gives me headaches and makes my eyes feel like they're going to pop out. And it's very embarrassing. I couldn't even lift my hand from under my chin to speak to my friends sitting next to me.

I used to always skip that class because of the fear of seeing that guy. It made me sick. I thought this was all just happening beacuase I really liked the guy and I was just nervous and I thought it was natural to feel that way in that kind of situation. So I ignored it.

Everyday just got worse being in that class. I couldn't stand it anymore and got my parents to ask the headmaster if I could switch to a different class. So I did...

Everything got better and I was happy. Then after about a month I fell out with one of my best friends and she spread lies about me round the whole school until I got so angry that I started to make other people's lives miserable by complaining all the time and being moody.

People began to hate me - which I don't blame them for 'cos it was my own fault...so I decided to move to a different school and anyway, the education was rubbish at the one I went to at the time.

I moved to an all girls school and I've been there since the end of summer break this year. Over the holidays I was trying to figure out ways in which I could:

1. Sort my palmer hyperhidrosis
2. Control my tremours
3. Not be shy and actually have the courage to speak to people
4. Reduce my stress levels

I'm getting treated for hyperhidrosis currently and I'll probably post my progress up in the right topic l8r but the main point is about my TREMOURS or whatever you call them.

Even though I moved into a new school with no distarctions like hot guys... 8) :wink: I still can't control the tremours. I find that whenever I'm in a room with a bunch of people (not a big crowd, just about 3-4 or something) I get theses dumb things. I can't stand it anymore. To top it all off I'm very prone to getting stressed easily and I have palmar hyperhidrosis. Nice....eh? Lol....if you don't understand a part of my post..then just ask and I'll explain it to you better.

Please help...thanx :lol:

woman123

hello

Hey girl I'm also new here as well and we really have alot in commen when it comes to what I call it, ANXIETY. Man I sooo can sympathize how you feel and the horrible stress your going through. About two years ago when I was 16, I started twitching. I didn't think anything of it until I got my first tremour those worms that run ridicously through your body, also in the face :-x. Than as I started pondering over it and stresssing over it, it got worst daily. I didn't know what was wrong with me but it started a whole new world for me, a difficult sad world. It's not like you or me have social anxiety, thats not the case. But our bodys react in a werid way over little things. Things that used to never make me nervous, tend to me me nervous all the time now and days. Being at school would be horrible if I had a class with someone I disliked, or someone who was kind of a " bullly ". Because I would sweat constantly, get shaky...have tremours in the face. I have been like this for two years now and right now I am on my 5th day of zoloft, a anti depressent used to treat depression, and anxiety.

People tell me it takes a cuple of weeks to kick in, so I'm going to be try to be patient and give it those cuple of weeks. Your worrying will also contribute to your anxiety and make your tremours worst. If your dwelling over something, thinking about something. Literally stop your mind cold turkey and tell your self " I am allright, I am allright "" haha sounds lame but anxiety sucks man, and I'm sorry your going through it. Tell your mom and how unbearable it can be sometimes, your so young and so am I, so you have so much time ahead of you to maybe go to a doctor and find a prescription best suited for you. Talk therapy can help as well but honestly if you want a 100% cure I would try both medication and talk to a therpist. Hang in there

Sincerely,

Brittany