school phobia

akzibs

I suffered as a kid. Anyone else? I am a freelance writer and am trying to write an article about school phobia in order to provide parents and teachers with information and resources.
If anyone will talk to me about their experiences....please do. It will be anonymous of course.

MelissaQu

What sort of thing are you looking for to be more specific, I'd be happy to help you out. I suffered from when I was just in kindergarten I think, I didn't know it then of course. Even in high school, I didn't know there was a name for what I had, I thought it was just labeled "shyness." So let me know, you can PM me if you'd like.

vacantxsyren

akzibs said:
I suffered as a kid. Anyone else? I am a freelance writer and am trying to write an article about school phobia in order to provide parents and teachers with information and resources.
If anyone will talk to me about their experiences....please do. It will be anonymous of course.

I remember it all started in Junior High , where i was terrified of school, it became increasingly worse in high school where i would hide in the bathroom stalls during lunch .. Walking through the quad was a nightmare , i'd have to find other ways of getting to my classes that avoided main hallways and the field.. The nightmare it was getting ready for school , i'd spend 3hours getting ready trying everything i had in my closet , then my hair , eyeballing every minute detail that was fully exaggerated in my mind as a flaw .. the end result would be me having few minutes to get to school huddled in a corner crying from shear hopeless and the expectation of ridicule .

jchase79

I would be willing to answer questions too. High school wasn't a particular happy time in my life but wasn't the worst either.