scared to death about starting new job

isa

Hi everyone,

Im starting a new job as a lab assistant tomorrow and Im basically scared to death about meeting all the new people on the job and of not being able to think properly/ understand what they want me to do cos of my nerves and then doing something completely wrong. I just dont know how I will get through the day without having a panic attack, even thinking about tomorrow makes me all queasy. Do any of you feel the same and do you know any strategies on how to relax? I appreciate any help, Thanks!!

desperatehousewife

isa said:
Hi everyone,

Im starting a new job as a lab assistant tomorrow and Im basically scared to death about meeting all the new people on the job and of not being able to think properly/ understand what they want me to do cos of my nerves and then doing something completely wrong. I just dont know how I will get through the day without having a panic attack, even thinking about tomorrow makes me all queasy. Do any of you feel the same and do you know any strategies on how to relax? I appreciate any help, Thanks!!

If you afraid of something, you may have to experience it.Because everyone can understand that you think you are not enoug for this job...Just act for a wihle, act as if you were wonderful at work, you did your work best, you had wonderful relationships.

Remember best times in your childhood.Then we were so brave even we assume that we can fly like birds.We wanted to be free then and we wanted to live alone...We believed that we have all power that we can achieve anything we want...When we are a kid.Think about that days.

You are wonderful, and congrulations that you were accepted for the job...And you are more than you think...We have brains and we can adapt the enviroment.

I know you will get over from this.

ChitChatter

That kinda happened to me when i got my first job. I believe that you should stay calm, cut the bullshit from your mind, and, above all, pay attention to what you're told. Try to memorize people's names because it can be embarrasing if you dont remember a person's name after talking to him/her five minutes ago. Obviously, to be able to do this, you must be sort of relaxed, but still, remember, even if you mess up on something, no one can ask you to do something that you can't do yet, or judge you so soon, so they'll have to explain things to you. And last, but not least, stay humble and approachable.

Good luck :)

Lexmark

Do some meditation in the monring b4 you go
and go for a massive run or something
those things help me b4 a job interveiw