same-sex attraction, how common is it?

obsessive

Hi i'm currently suffering from OCD and i'm having obsessive sexual thoughts including ones that me feel gay. (causes me to feel distressesd)I'm just wondering who on here feels attracted to the same sex sometimes ?

hi

yeah, i do. a lot of times i think obsessively about other girls. i guess you would say i'm bi, and you might be too. *shrug*

"Categories of OCD symptoms include: contamination, checking, symmetry, religious scrupulosity, violent or sexual thoughts, fears of loss of essence (changing into someone else), fears about sexual orientation (am I gay?). The thoughts are so disturbing to the child that even though they make no sense (tapping everything four times to prevent harm to one's parents) the child feels compelled to believe the authority of those thoughts and comply with the commands." from here-

http:/]www.worrywisekids.org/anxiety/ocd.html

some more sites-

"Obsessive-compulsive disorder involves intrusive thoughts that are unwanted and distressing to the individual. Sometimes these thoughts take the form of persistent notions about having a different sexual orientation. For example, a person who has had many years of satisfied, opposite sex relationships might suddenly start to worry that he or she is actually homosexual. Some people who have this manifestation of OCD have taken to calling this "HOCD" or "Homosexual OCD." HOCD is not a scientific term, but has evolved out of the OCD community as a way to describe the distress caused by anxieties over unwanted thoughts about being gay." from here-

http://www.neuroticplanet.com/hocd.php
:D
hope this helps.

Musicocd

Alas, yes this is common of ocd. I suffer from this quite intensely sometimes, and I will 'test' myself to see if I was actually attracted to someone of the same sex. I don't actually care if I am straight or bi or whatever, but I know I'm not and that's what makes the difference with ocd. If I know I'm straight, but then I think of doing something sexual with someone of the same sex it causes me to question my sexuality for hours. And then I feel ashamed that I've been thinking about horrible things for hours - which then causes low self-esteem, which apparently is very common among sufferers.