SA at the U of Alberta

Winston22

My main reason for posting this is to try to create an opportunity for SA sufferers who see doctors at the U of A Hospital an opportunity to connect with each other. Of course anyone else from Edmonton is welcome to participate as well! I can be reached at [email protected]. Hope to hear from some of you out there.

Winston22

This message regarding SA groups in Edmonton is copied over from a post by xana22. I Have not had a chance to check out the Pleasantview group yet because of work conflicts. The second in Millwoods I haven't been able to track down any info on, so if anyone knows anything about this or any other group let me know.

There are 2 Social Anxiety Support Groups in Edmonton that I know of. The one I go to is on Tuesdays from 7:00pm-8:30pm at the Pleasantview United Church.

Location and Time:
Pleasantview United Church, 10672 62nd Ave.
Tuesdays 7:00 to 8:30 PM

Contact Phone Number:
Pat Williams (Group Facilitator) 435-1429

I made an info page for our group here:
http://cyallop.com/pages/EdmontonSocialAnxietyGroup.html

The other group meets at the Mill Woods Town Centre. You should be able to find them on google if you look around a bit. I have never tried this group.

ignisfatuus

I'm not sure why I'm bumping this as it's a little old and I'm a fair piece from Edmonton, other than to say it's nice to see social anxiety only groups. It would be nice to see the mental health community start to give more recognition to this disorder although this looks like it was started by lay sufferers.