s.a dating site

eran

Just a thought but considering the problems myself and im sure a lot of you guys have relationship wise(especially us blokes)wouldnt it be good to have a dating site exclusively for people with s.a,i know it would help me...oh well just a thought

Anonymous

It's a good idea. For me the only problem is all the anxiety and feelings of doomness at the thought of being rejected, judged, and abandoned. The shortness of breath when I meet someone, the disociation and feelings of inadequacy while in the presence of someone else. I do better one on one though. I need to continue working at it. Plus how do we know the person is safe? People write here from all places in the USA at least. I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea. I'm just thinking.

eka82

Agreed! :D Sounds like good idea.

But imagine what will happen if all SA's only dated SA's. Why we'd have little SA's running about in no time. And if we work at it we could all flood the gene pool with our SA genes. Soon the world will be forced to redefine the term normal. And we, we would take over the world. HA HA HA HA :twisted:

Anonymous

sounds like the best idea ever, to me. I was thinking that myself. I was looking for one, but I doubt that one exists... :cry:
I personally just think I would feel a lot more comfortable with someone like myself. Its just very intimidating to be with someone who doesnt have the same problem as you, and you always feel like you are hindering them in so many ways. If I could meet someone like myself, we could support one another and work together to get over our anxieties. or, we could just do what makes us happy, regardless of how society tells us it's not normal (within healthy range!). *sigh*

neddy

I haven't come across any dating sites for people with social anxiety but there is a penpal site where you can find a penpal male or female that has got a similiar problem to you. It could be a starting point as you may be able to find someone that lives in your area. I don't know about you but i find it easier to get to know people better by writing, or through these forums than what I do if I was to meet them face to face. Once you write to someone for awhile you really get to know them, that is if they are really honest and don't lie and lead you up the garden path. It a site for panic/anxiety disorders.

funnyman

eka82 said:
Agreed! :D Sounds like good idea.

But imagine what will happen if all SA's only dated SA's. Why we'd have little SA's running about in no time. And if we work at it we could all flood the gene pool with our SA genes. Soon the world will be forced to redefine the term normal. And we, we would take over the world. HA HA HA HA :twisted:

If we did have a world full of SA's it would be a silent place