Robotic Selective ETS Procedure

panicroom

Hi everyone.

Has anyone had experience with robotic selective ETS surgery? Ran into this hospital researching ETS: https://www.globalroboticsinstitute...rgery/conditions-and-treatments/hyperhidrosis

It claims, because of the use of robotics, it can make more accurate cuts of the nerves involved and lowers compensatory sweating.

ETS partially removes the sympathetic nerve. This disrupts the flow of excessive sweating in the upper extremities and the hands. It has shown to provide relief of symptoms in majority of patients. However, it is also associated with the devastating complication of compensatory hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating in other parts of the body) in up to 80% of patients.

Selective ETS Surgery

Dr. Gharagozloo has pioneered the use of highly precise medical robotics for ETS surgery. Using minimally invasive, robotic-assisted systems provides the advantage of high-definition, magnified 3-D visualization. They are also minimally invasive and offer superior instrument maneuverability in confined spaces within the body.

This enables the surgeon to selectively cut the sympathetic nerves that go to the upper extremities. By better preserving the nerves that go to the other parts of the body, compensatory hyperhidrosis is lessened. Robotic-assisted selective endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy has been shown to relieve symptoms in 96% of patients—with compensatory sweating in only 7% of patients.

I'm in the general area of the hospital and might be interesting since I've suffered from hyperhidrosis all my life.