Review: NeatFeat Face Saver Facial HH Gel

MMCFLY

As you may have read in other posts, I decided to go the antiperspirant path to start combating my not so bad Facial and scalp HH and went and ordered 3 products within 4 days. The products are

1) Face Saver by Neat Feat, a product coming out of our neighboring country New Zealand. The company makes products for the sporting world from antiperspirants to foot solutions such as padding etc. They also have one for palmar HH but for some reason it is not on their website but mentioned and shown in their brochure which they sent with the product. This product has arrived. Note that the website says that the product is not suitable for use on scalp.
2) SweatStop Facial cream with Aloe Vera out of Roger Federer’s own house, Switzerland (though the product is made in Germany). And in typical German fashion, the website is extremely informative and answers any question you have in mind and also lists all their products (including upside down sprays for the back!!) and what it is used for and what HH severity it handles. After a couple of emails, in which they responded in no time (and gave me a 10% discount for no reason hehe), I decided to go with the face cream over the spray which I could have used for scalp too and they did assure me it will not cause any hair loss, however I already ordered product three below so I wasn’t stressing too much. This product is in transit.
3) Odaban spray, I believe coming from the land of the terminally ill motor industry, the USA. No need to say a lot about this one as most of you would know more about it but I was happy to read on their website that the product can be used on the scalp. This product is in transit.

Now let’s test drive product one, the Face Saver. It arrived yesterday nicely boxed and wrapped. Small 50 mm tube. The product has an ok smell (not too nice and not bad either, to be honest I prefer odourless products) and in a yellowish gel form. I decided to put it straight to the test and thought what better place than the gym. The instructions says that it can be used once or twice per day and then other products such as sunscreens can be applied over it which means no night application and washing face in the morning stuff.
I washed my face and dried it thoroughly and applied a small amount (read on Odaban website that you should not apply too much as you don’t want to block the pores completely). The first thing I paid attention to was whether I had any redness, itching or burning? Non!! Ok great start. I rested for an hour and off the gym where I started with a 2 km run on the treadmill at an average of 13 km/h speed so fair good speed and taking into consideration that it was a warm day too. Usually, by the end of the run my forehead and hair line would be dripping but to my surprise I notices though my hair was starting to drip, my forehead had very slight moisture on it which is expected during exercising. My eyebrows were also dripping cause I didn’t apply it there. I had a look at the mirror and was happy to see that there was no redness and it did not itch or burn in anyway. I then moved on to weights, and my forehead was dry the rest of the night. So all in all, not a bad start at all.

The reason I bought the products is not for the gym though, I really don’t care if I sweat there, I’ve seen women sweat three times as much as me there so who cares. Why I bought it was for the day to day use, things like walking to work and when I leave work, u know those situations.
I applied the product again last night before going to bed and washed my face this morning and applied a small amount again this morning before leaving home. My walk to work from the car park was comfortable and weather was cool but I usually start to feel the heat when I get into the elevator and it was the same today. I felt my body heat and usually that means my forehead starts to sweat and then that triggers the hair line and scalp too. But this time it was different, just because my forehead was dry, the scalp did not sweat either, and this is more of a psychological effect as I start thinking about my forehead and the rest of the head follows suit so I remained dry after checking my forehead was dry.

Other test was a kind of physical task at work which definitely causes my head to sweat but again, forehead completely dry and just a slight sweat from the hairline at front but I’m pretty sure if my face started then my head would sweat much more as happened last week.

Ok this is getting real long and probably boring for some of you but I did want to give u a detailed report on my first impression.

So far so good. I’m planning to use it once a day for about 7 days then move on to about 3 days a week then down to 2 if all goes well.

I shall keep you posted and keep an eye on my other posts which will cover the other products when I get them. I will stop using this product in the new year and when the sweat comes back, I will switch to the SweatStop. I will test Odaban on the hair line so I can give you a report shortly after I receive it.

Keep cool and Stay Dry

nico82

The Face Saver sounds interesting (forehead sweating is one of my biggest problems). How much did it cost?

MMCFLY

Cost 10 US dollars plus delivery. Worked well in the gym too today. I dont think it is as strong as Odaban but maybe thats why it doesnt cause any irritation.

I received Sweatstop and will be testing it soon too

MMCFLY

Hi all, long time no see. Just had the chance to update my threads. Aplogies but been busy with life.

Have not tried Odaban yet but i must say the Facesaver is the way to go for me so far (compared to swetstop). It works instantly and handles sweat well. It is not made for extreme extremeeeeee situations such as a hard and hot work out in the gym, nor i expected it to do that, but handles daily sweating well and like i said, best thing, its instant and on top, very cheap.

I had a wedding to attend last weekend and wanted to use it but could not due to a redness on the forehead and peeling. This was due to temperatrures soaring over 45 deg cel (yes u read that correctly) for 4 days in a row and me continuing to go to the gym and sweating my a** off so decided not to use it. Was disappointed to the Ditropan pills though, didnt do much even after taking two. might try Robinul for these events.

Face Saver: two thumbs up.

PS. I still think phycological anxiety is at least 50% responsible!! when i dont think about it, i sweat very lil from forehead, when i think about it, it starts raining.

Just stay calm guys :D

taco

Wow this thread is quite old. Thanks for the review though. I'm glad you gave a lengthy one. I'll give it try soon!

SweatAid

Can you recommend any good facial gel for women?

Male or female it doesn't really matter.

You can choose from Neat Feat, which MMCFLY seems to be very happy with; Odaban, although it's a little harsh with its 20% aluminium chloride; Dermadoctor wipes; Sweat Shield wipes, and my personal favorite Sweat Block, which contains 14% aluminum chloride and so is a little gentler on the skin.

Last edited:

gfire

Hi,

I know im responding to an old thread but i would like to thank MMCFLY for reviewing this product.

After using it for a few weeks, i can say that i have found a substitute to secure wipes... this has less side effects, acts more quickly and probably safer in the long term.

i found that if i clean my forehead with toner or a face wash it works alot better.

FYI im a male, dont be afraid of using toners

Last edited:

driping jon

hi if u got hh bad nothing will hide it ..only wot u know is good 4 u.do not keep paying out loats 4 stuff its not worth it