Remeron ( Mirtazapine ) maximum dose?

avaldezbus

Hi. I am currently on 82.5 mgs. of Remeron (Mirtazapine). I realize most med. websites list the maximum recommended daily dose to be 45 mgs. However, there are some websites that list prescribed doses of up to 120 mgs. a day. Every few months or after a year or so that I'm on a certain dose, the Remeron seems to poop out, with me having to increase the dose without telling either of my docs. I am having to double dip, going to 2 different docs to be able to have enough Remeron to take the 82.5 mg. daily dose I'm currently on since my psychiatrist doesn't want to prescribe me a higher dose than 60 mgs., which is what she has me on with her not knowing I'm actually taking 82.5 mgs., getting more Remeron from another doc. I am not taking more Remeron just because. When the Remeron stops working, I start slipping back into depression and anxiety, with me having trouble getting out of bed, and even more trouble being able to go out to work. I am a 43 year old male that has to support a daughter, has child support to pay, and many other bills like a lot of other people. I have no option but to either increase the dose of the Remeron ever time it poops out, or experiment with some other med I have not tried since I have pretty much gone through the whole alphabet of the SSRI antidepressants. My question is, is anyone on this site also taking such a high dose of Remeron or higher, has it been working for you, and is your doc actually prescribing such a high dose or are you also having to see 2 docs at the same time or getting extra Remeron from somewhere else to be able to take such a daily dose. Any feedback would be very helpful since I am a little worried about the high daily dose I'm taking especially since I'm also taking 2.5 mgs. of clonazepam daily for anxiety, and 600 mgs of gabapentin 3 times a day for anxiety as well. Thanks in advance for any personal experience feedback on this issue (-: