relationship question

R

roney1

so im in a situation that im not sure how to deal with and just hoping with some input.

there's a guy in my class that has liked me for the past year. at first, i didnt like him and just avoided him (mainly because im very shy and introverted). after several months i started to become more interested but on one occasion, when we were both drunk, i ended up saying some stupid things and things ended up kinda heated. after this things became more awkward but we still talked a bit once in awhile. and as time went by i was beginning to like him more and more. a few months later, he approached me at a party and asked me if i liked him but i failed to give him a proper reply. and after that things are going nowhere as we are both very quiet and introverted ppl and, although we both like each other, neither of us knows what step to take. even if i try and initiate a conversation its always very short and formal. basically, theres just a lot of awkwardness and im afraid that its just been so long and nothing has happened and that it might just be too late. talking to him just doesnt seem to be an option... partially due to how introverted we are and also somewhat due to our over-sized egos. neither of us wants to be the first one to admit that we like the other :S but mainly its just shyness. how do i deal with this? wait for the next drunken opportunity to talk to him?