redundant

moon

I’m sorry that this may sound redundant, but I need help. I’ve never been formerly diagnosed with OCD, but I think I may have it. I remember at the age of 13 my friend had a rare disease and she lost her hair. At that time I was really anxious that I was going to lose my hair and for several months daily I would count how many hairs I lost. In the following years I’ve had anxiety about having AIDS, being gay, a bout with anorexia, and now when I get intrusive thoughts I count mentally to thirty over and over again. I have other obsessions and a couple of compulsions. Also, I always think I’ve done something to make someone mad and then I have to ask for reassurance that they aren’t mad at me. 99% of the time they look at me like I’m crazy. Any thoughts or ideas?

de-vin

that definatly sounds like OCD symtoms, Ive had most of the ones you talked about, i've had to fight them for a long time...to be honest i've never had any help without meds...i've been on many meds and recently I was prescribed Anafranil for my OCD and it has stopped it at least 60%...and im not going to lie the side effects suck...for me that includes constipation, sexual problems, apathy and sweating...other then that it worked great for me...so now I think you need to go to a therapist, this helps so much, and a pychiatrist for the meds. Going to them isn't bad as you think, trust me...hope this helps :)

moon

Thanks for replying... I always read posts of people who tell their ocd stories and I can relate to almost all of them in one way or another, but when it comes to myself I always doubt everything. Thanks again... moon

obsessive

Hi moon yep it defnitely sounds like OCD. OCD is very distressing and the anxiety makes it worse. Its probably a good idea to go see your local doctor who can refer you to a psyhologist and prescribe you with meds. You seem to have the obsessions and compulsions surrounding thoughts about disease and sex. What your going through is common and scary at times but there is treatment out there. I've had distressing thoughts about sex and what you mentioned thinking that your gay when your not. I can relate to this.

obsessive

Hi moon yep it defnitely sounds like OCD. OCD is very distressing and the anxiety makes it worse. Its probably a good idea to go see your local doctor who can refer you to a psyhologist and prescribe you with meds. You seem to have the obsessions and compulsions surrounding thoughts about disease and sex. What your going through is common and scary at times but there is treatment out there. I've had distressing thoughts about sex and what you mentioned thinking that your gay when your not. I can relate to this.