question about zoloft

Mickey

hi everyone...well im 16 years old and ive had social anxiety since i was 13. I didnt tell anyone about it up until 2 months ago. It was hard for me to tell my parents but i knew i had to because they were the only ones who could really get me help. Well i went to the doctors and I was diagnosed with social anxiety. At first my doctor prescribed beta blockers which was a big mistake because all it did was lower my blood pressure and it was no help to me at all with my anxiety. A month after that i got taken off that and now i am taking zoloft. I am going to my first therepy session this monday and i am a bit nervous and happy cuz this could be the begging of a better life for me. I just had a question about zoloft. Is there anyone who takes or has taken zoloft and knows if it works good? I would just hate to take a medication for so long like i did with the beta blockers only to find out it did nothing for me at all. I just hope zoloft was the right choice. :oops:

Anonymous

well how precious of you for being concerned about different drugs. So many just take stuff and dont care so long as the pain goes away. Well, i cant take the drugs, but that's cause they work wrong on me and i've seen too much abuse with "other" drugs. I think that if they are going to help you over the hump, then by all means, they are the right drug for you. Just keep your concern about their use, and work with the therapist to overcome your anxieties, and hopfully, they will be good enough to help you then not need the drug. And please, im just a long time sa suffer, with very little experience of how to rid oneself of this crumby pain in the butt hang up, so listen to your dr. but listen to your own body too and dont be afraid to tell the dr. how your feeling........It's sooooooooo great that your seeking help in your young age. I wish i had known that i wasnt just "painfully shy".

Anonymous

well how precious of you for being concerned about different drugs. So many just take stuff and dont care so long as the pain goes away. Well, i cant take the drugs, but that's cause they work wrong on me and i've seen too much abuse with "other" drugs. I think that if they are going to help you over the hump, then by all means, they are the right drug for you. Just keep your concern about their use, and work with the therapist to overcome your anxieties, and hopfully, they will be good enough to help you then not need the drug. And please, im just a long time sa suffer, with very little experience of how to rid oneself of this crumby pain in the butt hang up, so listen to your dr. but listen to your own body too and dont be afraid to tell the dr. how your feeling........It's sooooooooo great that your seeking help in your young age. I wish i had known that i wasnt just "painfully shy".

Frozen_In_Time

Hi Mickey,

I'm sorry to hear your situation. It was a good step to take, telling your parents, well done. Good luck in your therapy session, tell us how it goes. I should really take positive steps like you have done. And as for Zoloft...I don't know a thing about it! All the best,

Frozen_In_Time

Anonymous

i think the Zoloft definitely helps. But, it takes a long time to take effect. I think it was 4-6 weeks. Then I felt better and thought I was fine and stopped taking it and then i just got depressed. I am feeling much better on Zoloft, so be patient and be glad you caught SP early!