Prufrock lives.

ForWantOf

It has been almost a year and four months since I joined SPW. The time I've spent here mostly reflects how I spend time in real life: keeping to myself, making vague, tortured responses or cynical quips about certain topics and how I'm feeling. Just like in real life, there are a few people on this website who attempted to reach out to me, and just like in real life, I mostly ignored them or gave a curt response to them and promptly forgot about them. I apologise to those people. It was nothing you did; it was my own issues.

In addition to apologies, I also want to thank those people. I want to thank them and everyone else on this site, even the people who didn't even know I existed. I haven't reciprocated the gesture of kindness to many people on this website, but in the year I've spent here I've learned much about myself, and I've learned much about people and about individuals. I've had experiences I couldn't have had anywhere else and have made memories and bonds I will keep forever. Really, it's thanks to this site and everyone on it. Every one of you contributes to the life of this community. Without each one of you, there would be no sanctuary in which people could take refuge.

This is not a vanity post about being "fixed." I'm not "broken." No one is broken. No one is worthless. People who band together to make a difference in their and other people's lives aren't worthless, and that's exactly the foundation on which this community is built: being lonely together.

I've still got plenty of problems. Everyone does. I'm in a far better place now than I was a year ago, and I hope everyone here can one day say they've made significant progress in their lives.

To all the people I did meet, to all the people I didn't meet, thank you for being here. Thank you for making this community. Thank you for being you.