Prozac

sparksfly

As well as hyperhidrosis I also suffer from social anxiety and panic attacks. My doctor prescribed me fluoxetine (prozac) but I'm kind of reluctant to try it as one of the main side effects is increasing sweating and my hyperhidrosis is already bad enough already without increasing it. Has anyone with hyperhidrosis tried this, if so did it have an effect on you're sweating?

aries86

I had a similar situation with effexor and prozac. As a child my hh was always confused for anxiety and stress. When I look back it makes me angry that my doctor had no idea that my sweating was something much more than just bad nerves...anyways...they put me on several anti-anxiety, anti-depression medications growing up because they thought that was why I was so sweaty (and red in the winter time). I took these medications but they never helped my sweating. I think they made it worse. Once I found out about HH, I took myself off of the medications (which your never supposed to do) and I haven't been on them since. I think it probably varies from person to person but, I won't be going back on them because I think they may be worse for HH.

0707129r

I've tried sertraline for around 4 weeks, and I noticed a marked increase in body sweating. I suffer from palmar/plantar, and think this got worse also. Unavoidable side effect of messing around with serotonin levels I'm afraid. Ask for something that may also help HH, like amitriptyline, lyrica etc.

gg1101

I've tried Paxil and Zoloft to see if my sweating was caused by stress or anxiety. They didn't do **** except make me gain weight.

I got off that stuff, which was harder to kick than opiates, and I've been addicted to all the best ones of those, thanks to chronic kidney stones. I've changed my diet and dropped the 70 lbs Paxil gave me, but my sweating stays the same if I'm 150lbs or 250 lbs. I'm a 6'3 male just for reference.

If you haven't gotten started on an SSRI, don't ever take one. They will make you fat, do nothing for your sweating, and they ridiculously hard to kick. The brain zaps you get from the withdrawals are brutal.