Problems with the world. (vent)

Blannabers

Hello SPW.

How have you been?

About a year ago, maybe a little more, I first came onto this website in order to straighten myself out. I figured that I had a long-standing problem with people and so on. About that time a year ago, I went through a very difficult time in my life and I was unstable to be around anyone, barely keeping myself together. Later, I found out that I was going through shock and my body was going through sublimization or subliminalization (I don't want to take the time to google the correct term, I'm just here to type) at the time, using this site as one of a few ports.

I was lucky enough to understand that I'm a lot stronger than I thought I was. My views on the world have changed and I don't give myself any slack, only because I know I can handle it. I don't have a social anxiety disorder. I think I used to, but when I understood that I don't have that problem where I can stand up and fight a lot easier than other people can, I've turned into quite a beast. I learned to fight back. You have something negative to say? I know I have the power to put you through a wall with my words (physically too). I have a fire that you can't put out because I know that I will be ok. And here is what I've learned about the world around people with social disorders or phobias.

This phobia cannot define anyone. I know from my point of view, that people wear the term 'phobia' or 'disorder' and they treat it like a leash in some cases. I know for alot of you, you may not be able to understand it that way and it may completely overtake you, but know this... You can definitely fix it. I've learned to get out of it over sheer will.

Let me give you a quote that really rang my bell when I heard it from a television show.

"When we are at our lowest, we are open to the greatest change"

So I would assume that I broke just enough to completely turn around. I'm still taking baby steps, trying to understand everyone and everything, how the world ebbs and flows. However, I've noticed a pattern. I understand peoples aggressions, peoples anxieties, who is controlling and who is trying to be laid back but to irritations... why people tick to do what they do....

It's easy for people to feel aggressive to one who has a social disorder or simply dealing with depression. I feel it really boils down to human instinct. Our primal selves feel better than the weaker, we want to be alpha males/females to that and it elates us, makes us feel like the stronger one.

I'm tired of people still weighing on the gender of a person, too. Like those old sayings when a girl gets on a video game "get back into the kitchen make me a sandwich" blah blah blah... whatever. I'm so over it.

And another thing, I hate it when people are still fighting about this weight issue. Some people who have a few extra pounds are denied attention just because they aren't easy to look at. Listen, I know people who could probably figure out a way to split an atom they are incredibly smart, but just because they aren't very pretty, they are denied some kind of care or company.

That's the end of my vent for now. sorry for cutting it off so suddenly. But listen here, don't think your phobia or your disorder should put a collar on you. YOU are bigger than your problem. You only make it a problem if you feed it.

I'm going to go out and rip some weeds out of our garden.