Problem with No Renferences

duma

Hello

I am trying to move out of home and start renting. Every real estate (RA) agent requires that I have references and I unfortunately don't have any.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could go about renting a property without references and/or getting references? How did you manage to rent yours?

Most RA's are saying they need 3 non-family references. I work from home as an independent programmer so I dont even have co-workers or a boss to ask.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PhillipJFry

Try asking your friends or to be references, or a professor you have/used to have, or even ask your family members if they'll lie about being a family member for you. That's what I would do. (however in the US you don't normally need any references at all to rent property, just good credit, so luckily I never had this problem.)

SCP-087-1

I've never had to supply references to rent my place. I think I was meant to but my landlord was desperate to rent this place out. It had been unoccupied for ages and he was losing money. But I have had to supply references for other stuff.

You could try asking your parents if they have any friends who might be a reference for you. Or ask your siblings if they have any friends that might do it

Hello

I am trying to move out of home and start renting. Every real estate (RA) agent requires that I have references and I unfortunately don't have any.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could go about renting a property without references and/or getting references? How did you manage to rent yours?

Most RA's are saying they need 3 non-family references. I work from home as an independent programmer so I dont even have co-workers or a boss to ask.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There may be some ideas in this thread on the whirlpool forum, I haven't read it all, but some people suggest paying a few months in advance if finances allow it
Help! No Renting References - Real Estate - Home