Pro-Banthine vs Ditropan - Driclor/Odaban for underarm HH

dougy

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask a few questions as this seems to be a good resource for HH.

Which anticholinergic medication is the best to use long term between Pro-Banthine (Propantheline) and Ditropan (Oxybutynin)? I know that the results and side-effects vary depend on the individual, but I've heard that Ditropan crosses the blood-brain barrier whereas Pro-Banthine does not. Also that Ditropan can cause urinary incontinence over a extended period of time, correct me if I'm wrong.

Atm, I'm taking Pro-Banthine and I've seen some positive results with some sometimes severe side-effects. However, as it's not summer yet I haven't been taking it everyday and therefore have not been able to monitor it over a period of time. Is Pro-Banthine safe for use over an extended period of time?

I also have Ditropan 5mg tablets to experiment with but I'm just wondering if I should stick with Pro-Banthine and or should I give Ditropan a go? Also, what dose are people are taking each day for Ditropan?

Just to fill you in, I have HH mainly affecting the hands, feet and underarms. Though in hot weather, under stress and physical exercise, HH also affects my forehead, back, thighs, groin and buttocks.

I've been using Driclor for my hands with great success (95%-100% dry), feet not so bad but not so good (50%-95% dry) and underarms with mixed results (50%-90% dry). Now this leads me to my other question.

I've ordered Odaban as I've heard it's one of the most effective topical treatments for underarm HH. Should I discontinue using Driclor on my underarms for a certain period of time before trying Odaban?

Is Odaban any good for the feet and hands? Seeing as I've had some success with Driclor, perhaps it could work well for me?

I know it's a long post but I'm hoping for some good feedback as with us all suffering from this condition, it's good to get some thoughts and answers from people who have actual experience and know what they are talking about.

Thanks. :)