Presentations at Uni :(

Cold187um

So i had my first presentation in a long time, first year at uni. It was for an essay basically just talking about what i had written. I basically knew what i was going to say but as soon as it got to my turn i completely froze up. I really thought i was over this :confused: as i dont have many problems socially wise anymore, but yet presentations still take me over and make me extremely shy and nervous.

How am i supposed to get over this? It happened all throughout high school aswell, no matter how many times i did it....

market.garden

I used to read presentations at uni to smaller groups of people, to get used to saying it out loud before I had to do it in front of a whole class. I hated it every time and always felt really nervous, but it did make it a little easier.

And from what I've seen, even people without SA are nervous about reading in front of people. No one in my classes at uni liked doing presentations, I think it's quite natural to feel that way.

Eam

And from what I've seen, even people without SA are nervous about reading in front of people. No one in my classes at uni liked doing presentations, I think it's quite natural to feel that way.

Yes this is the thing to remember. My super outgoing friends were all nervous about them, which made me feel like I was on equal footing. A lot of the time I did as good/better than them.

For me it was always important talking about something I was interested in. I remember being told about how the presenter gets the most benefit out of presentations as to retaining knowledge, so I would find something I'm interested in and something that would be valuable knowledge, prepare quite a bit and remember everyone else gets nervous doing them too.

Though with all of this in mind - job interviews destroy me.