Positive quotes:

I find reading positive quotes keeps me focused on getting better, I'm not sure why, but there ya go lol!

These are some of my favourites:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear (Mark Twain).

Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein).

Happiness depends upon ourselves (Aristotel).

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious (Brendan Gill).

Change your thoughts and you change your world (Norman Peale).

Hope is a waking dream (Aristotel).

Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives (William Dement).

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence (H.L. Menken).

Act as if it were impossible to fail (Dorothea Brande).

(I got most of these off websites, so the people named as being quoted could be completely and utterly wrong :lol: ).

If anyone has any more positive quotes please add them to the thread :D

Mary

I like the quotes about, Dreaming and Imagination (I love that it was Einstein who said that one!) and about changing your thoughts.

Here are some fr. the bible again (no offense to anyone) just good quotes I like fr. there.

" I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you." Isaiah 46:3-4

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"And now these 3 remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor. 13:13 :D

Septor

Some people see things as they are and say "Why." I dream things that never were and say "Why not."-George Bernard Shaw

At the center of your being you have the answer;You know who you are and you know what you want. -Lao-tzu

It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about." --Dale Carnegie

IcanDoIt

arhaha, my first post in months..

one of the quotes that i love: as long as you try, you are successful

try to smile, try to talk, try to laugh, no matter what happens.
cos u know even thoughu get nervy or something like that, you have succeeded in doing things that you probably think its hard or ridiculous to do..

:)

socratic

Socrates:

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others.

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance

He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.

To find yourself, think for yourself.

FlipFlop

- Never, never, never, never give up. (Winston Churchill)

- We have to start teaching ourselves not to be afraid. (William Faulkner)

- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

- In the midst of a difficulty lies opportunity. (Albert Einstein)

:wink:

Septor

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance. - Bruce Barton

The road to happiness lies in two simple principles: find what interests you and that you can do well, and put your whole soul into it - every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have."
- John D. Rockefeller III

Mary

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or recieved or heard fr. me, or seen in me--put into pratcice. And the God of peace will be with you." Phillipians 4:8-9

Mary

"Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll be among the stars"
Sorry don't quite know who said it! Does that mean I can take the credit? LOL :lol: Just kidding!

Septor

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome--Arthur Ashe

There are no rules for architecture for a castle in the clouds.--G.K. Chesterton

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance--Samuel Johnson

The Road to Success is almost always under construction--unknown