PORTO Quotes Across

“Tell me to what you pay attention and I will tell you who you are.”

Jose Ortega y Gasset

“Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention.”

Jim Rohn

‘All men’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.’ ~Blaise Pascal

Consistency and moderation over intensity.

Yesterday I came across this sentence. It was about to run a marathon but in the end we can deduce to most of our life.

from Viktor Frankl, author of Man’s Search for Meaning:

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus - Poem That Inspired A Nation - YouTube

Socrates said it best, “He who is not contented with what he has would not be contented with what he would like to have.”

alwaysrunning

Mutio legal, especialmente sua propria citacao. :)

my portuguese is a bit hazy, i don't really practice it as much anymore since about a year ago, but i hope i got my point across:p hope you are doing well :)

Mutio legal, especialmente sua propria citacao. :)

my portuguese is a bit hazy, i don't really practice it as much anymore since about a year ago, but i hope i got my point across:p hope you are doing well :)

wow I'm impress with your portuguese! :D Where did you got the interest to learn? Is not usual to find people learning out of old colonies...but is still one of the most used languages in the world!

And u got your apoint across for sure!

Got across here in the forum some minutes ago from Richey, thanks a lot!

"You cannot find light by analysing the darkness, which is belief and habit, something you repeat over and over again. You need to give up your personal history in the NOW. Its like a boat heading up the river at 50 knots. It leaves a trail of white wake splashes. Whats driving the boat is the present moment energy. Is it possible for the trail left behind to drive the boat? YES because we attach so much importance to what happened in the history but in reality it isn't driving the boat at all because as you look back down the river those white swells of history are long gone, yes you need to learn from them but remember they are gone now. We move forwards from the energy of what is happening right now. So you need to treat yourself as if you already are what you want to become, tap into the now moments instead of your past, because that's all there is. " ...

“The man who doesn’t read good books has no advantage over the man who can’t read them.”

M.Twain